I think I'll just have myself admitted!!!

Sickntired

I don't honestly know what else can happen. I deal every day with this difficult child. You all know how difficult this is. I don't have to go into that. That is not what this is about. My one sanity is my job. I have worked at my job for 15+ years. It's where I wanted to retire from. I had my plans all laid out. Only 1 year until I can take an early retirement. Then I was going to work part time and start hopefully to enjoy life a little, on my terms. But, the hospital where I work was sold last year. We were a nonprofit and we were sold to a for profit group. I kind of shuddered when they had the big "meeting" and kept emphasizing, "your jobs are secure, just ride this transition out with us". Well, to make a long story short, we had an emergency meeting yesterday (mandatory they said). Yep, you guessed it, we all got canned!!!! Oh, they called it, reduction of work force. You girls have been great dedicated employees, but WE JUST DON'T NEED YOU ANY MORE. There are 8 of us, plus our supervisor. Our experience added together among us is over 160 years. We are all long-time employees. We have a very technical job. So all of us are kind of stuck. We don't know how to do much of anything else. We live in a small town and opportunities are few. And, we lost our health insurance. My difficult child's medications are SOOOOO expensive, even with the discout I get from the hospital and with insurance. I truly don't know what I'm going to do. But my difficult child put it all in perspective for me. In one of his rare moments of concern, he said Mom, what are you going to do? Do you think while you still have money you can buy me a laptop? NO NO NO. Then he very sweetly said, Mom, just promise me one thing, you will not be one of those people who stand in front of K-Mart and ring the bell at Christmas time!!!!!!!! :rofl:

I assured him I would not CAUSE IT DON'T PAY.

Ohhhhh, I think I'll just run away.

klmno

What a depressing situation- that just is horrible. You would think employers at hospitals would have a little more insight and concern about the situation they are leaving people in. I'd go to the unemployment office first thing and ask about other resources that might be available, in addition to unemployment and job availability. At least it should help a little, temporarily.

Sorry you are going through this-

(((HUGS)))

jenn4anthony

i am really sorry to hear this news. you will get through this just like you have gotten through many other things in your life.....this is not good at all, but, you will see, as you probably know, one door closees and another one opens.

i am hoping that you will get a severance package of some sort. if you havent you must look into that. i would think with the years you have all put in, that they would set you all up with pay and healthcare...please check that out if you haven't heard anything at this point.

This is SO NOT good...but, check out if you are entitled to any type of severance package....keep us posted

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
Oh what devastating news! I'm so sorry for you and your situation. I always have to believe everything happens for a reason. That reason may not be clear at the moment, but several months from now(hopefuly sooner!!) it will become clear. keep strong! hang in there and sending huge ((hugs)) your way!!!!

-Dara

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:grrr::not_fair:
Now you need to :bath:, and :wine:, and then tomorrow head down to the unemployment office.

And remember, as crazy as it may sound, this is exactly where God intends for you to be right now.

Hang in there...

wakeupcall

I'm SO sorry!! I know the devastation you must feel, and shock. husband was told exactly the same thing a few years ago, "Your jobs are secure despite this buy out. Everyone in this room still has their job...." yadda, yadda, yadda. A week later he was gone. We were shocked beyond belief and since then we trust no one. A terrible way to live, but experiences do that to you. I wish I had words of wisdom to help you, but as most things, it takes time. Hurry down to unemployment TODAY because it takes a while to start getting a check. Go ahead and grieve....it's like losing a family member. Again, I'm so sorry for your pain.

Jena

hi

i'm so sorry to hear that. it's so disgusting how they can do that on the drop of a dime like that......

i was reading others posts i do believe that the unemployment office is where you want to be..........you should be able to collect.

i know it's not the plan you had in mind....yet sometimes as we all know your life takes it's own direction all by itself.........

jen
:)

PersonalEnigma

That's awful :( I hate the way big corporations think :( Best of luck finding a new job. Who knows, maybe you'll find something even better out there.

Star*

call 911........call 911
If you worked at a place over 20 employees you still can have health care insurance for a period of 45 days under the COBRA law. After that your former employers insurance CAN be paid for by you on your own.

Contact your insurance provider and ask for someone in HR. The 45 days thing isnt' widely known but IS available at their expense.

Hugs for you
So sorry
Star

I second everyone else, get that unemployment started and get COBRA'd up. Does your Labor department have retraining programs or stipends? Just wondering....

Please let us know how things unfold.

Prayers and good thoughts are going up for you from this end!