I think it's more than just stress

JKF

For quite a while now I've been having some strange physical symptoms that I've chalked up to stress and an old back injury. However, lately, I think it may be much more than that.

The symptoms I'm having (more often than not) are:

tingling and numb hands and feet
shooting pain in feet
lower back pain (extremely tender to touch)
shoulder pain (extremely tender to touch)
neck pain (extremely tender to touch)
nerve pain (skin feels like it's burning when I touch it - usually lower back, inner thigh, and sometimes wrist area)
severely achy muscles (to the point where it's painful to move)
lower abdominal and back cramps
IBS
blurry vision
headaches
sheer exhaustion

Sometimes certain symptoms come and go such as the nerve pain, IBS and the tingling hands and feet. The other symptoms are pretty much constant. I looked online and there are a plethora of diagnosis's that list those symptoms but I found two that really have me worried. One is fibromyalgia and the other is multiple sclerosis. I'm not trying to self-diagnose and I 'm not a hypochondriac (most of the time anyway - lol) but I'm worried because something really feels wrong. Like I said, I've had these symptoms for well over a year - at least - but I chalked it up to stress. Now that I'm putting it all together I'm convinced there's more to it than just stress.

Does anyone here suffer from symptoms like these? If so what diagnosis do you have? Just curious.

cubsgirl

I have several friends with fibromyalgia. When I read your symptoms I immediately thought fibromyalgia. I don't have those symptoms but I do hope you get some answers soon.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I don't have any of those symptoms, however, it sounds as if you need to go to the Dr. for a complete physical armed with your list of symptoms. Better to find out what it is and deal with whatever it is, then to worry about it. I'm sorry you have to deal with this too, you've got so much on your plate already with difficult child. Some of that could be stress too, long term chronic stress does so much damage to us................sending hugs JKF and comforting thoughts and warm wishes for your health to return.

JKF

I have a complete physical coming up in 2 weeks and I hope to get some answers then. I hope it's nothing serious but whatever it is I want to know so I can feel better. I feel so old and tired and worn down!

BusynMember

I have a lot of those symptoms from my sciatica being pinched. The pain fluctuates and travels down my leg to up my butt and is very painful to touch. I can relate to the tingling feeling, which is part of sciatica in my case. But since you are having a doctor's appointment. soon, you really do need to bring up all your symptoms. A lot of symptoms are the same but are different problems.

nerfherder

HUMOR: Sounds like you overdid loading hay on my pickup truck without a hat, without gloves, in shorts and a tank top, your steel toed boots were a size too small, and then you ate scrambled eggs cooked by the 6 year old. Oh, and Angel our nippy goat who just kidded a couple hours ago bit you.

SERIOUS: Yeah, definitely go to the doctor. That's way too much to be "just" stress. I hope it's not serious!

JKF

It definitely could be sciatica MWM. I have a herniated disc but I've never ever in my life felt THIS bad! Maybe it's just progressing and making me feel worse.

And nerf - hahaha! Love the vivid description! I could actually feel the bite from Angel and taste those eggs! You legitimately make me laugh out loud often! I love your way with words!!!

Anyway - I really should stop looking on web md. It freaks me out. It reminds me of the time years ago when husband was working the night shift. Somehow I happened to notice that the veins in my arms were deep blue and very prominent so I looked on web MD. I self diagnosed myself with blood poisoning due to a possible abscessed tooth. I called husband at work (we weren't even married yet - just newly living together) and he came rushing home to take me to the ER. Turns out I did NOT have blood poisoning OR an abscessed tooth. After that- as per husband - I was not allowed on any medical websites for a very long time! LOL

DammitJanet

I was thinking fibro from the first sentence. I have been dxd with it since 2000. There is a faction of people who believe that fibro is MS-lite and I happen to be one of them.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You need a complete physical done.

Write down the complete list of symptoms and go to your doctor. Also write down a list of whatever questions you may have too.

Avoid self dxing. It's rarely accurate and you can manage to scare yourself half to death over something that turns out to be minor. Much better to be checked out completely by your doctor so you know what you're dealing with and then treatment (if necessary) can begin to resolve the issue.

((hugs))

Mattsmom277

I have similar issues and have MS. I also know many friends with fibro and they too have these symptoms. Because so many things can have these symptoms (even chronic vitamin deficiencies), I'm glad you have a doctor appointment. I hope you find answers!