I think my fingers are going to bleed

Abbey

Spork Queen
I just finished (hooray!!!) just ONE of my book's characters 58 hand written pages. Now I'm up to 1946. He's making progress.:bravo:

The next 60 years or so could be LONG.:holymoly:I'm giving him back his manuscript so he can continue. Maybe he'll make it to 1950 in under 50 pages. Naa...not going to happen.

Here's his first few paragraphs:

“O CANADA”

I am William Albert Waller, and was born August 22, 1919. The Albert is for my father, who was born and raised in Middlesboro, Yorkshire, England before 1900.

Albert was the son of “Old Tom” Waller and lost his mother through illness when he was a young teenager (probably from Pneumonia and ‘exhaustion’) from trying to raise a large family in North Eastern England near the North Sea. They lived at 42 Maple Street. The weather is a problem most of the year and Yorkshiremen are the Texans of Great Britain known for being stubborn and short sightedness.

My father became an apprentice carpenter at age 11. For the first three years his father, Old Tom, paid a yearly fee. The fourth year was free and the last three years he was paid a small sum including a yearly increase until at age 18 when he would become a journeyman carpenter.

[FONT=&quot]I once expressed a teenager’s interest in becoming a carpenter and he indicated it wasn’t a good idea as “Jesus Christ was a carpenter and they nailed him to the cross

I've decided not to edit his words. They speak to the times. His memory is amazing.

(Sorry about the formatting. Don't have time to figure it out.)

I'm off to open a new store and scare the living daylights out of a new demo lady. (insert wicked laughter):surprise:
[/FONT]
Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
The beginning sounds great...can't wait to read the rest. Let us know how New Demo Lady reacts!

Ha! It wasn't a demo 'lady.' It was some 16 year Hispanic guy who was HUGELY shy. I had to really prod him to look excited and not frightened.

About the Grand Opening - I've never seen anything like this before. It was open to the public, but you couldn't buy anything. They had a red carpet entrance, a live band playing up front, later replaced by Elvis and a DJ, a violinest (who was AMAZING) wandering the store, hula dancers, etc.

Then the food. Oh my. You couldn't walk 10 feet without hitting another station, and I'm not talking your typical Costco demo food. They had a fresh sushi stand that was being made on the spot, seafood galore, 4 wine stations...I could go on and on. I was half way through the store and people were full by the time they got to me!! I can't even fathom how much money they put into that party.

Everyone had carts full of free food...whole chickens, bread, wine. I almost wished I wasn't working!!

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey

I simply can't wait to read this book. It's going to be awesome. I'm gonna feel like a little kid again listening to all of the stories and history of my grandma's friends. Spent most of my days that way as a child and loved every minute. And I wonder why I keep feeling like I'm stuck in the wrong ERA. :rofl: