I think our neuropsychologist is a difficult child!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
difficult child 1's evaluation was... when? APRIL 23rd. And I STILL do not have the report! The neuropsychologist told me to call in 3 weeks if I hadn't received it by then. I called at the beginning of the 4th week. Left a message. No reply. Called again the next week and spoke to a receptionist who took down my info again. She called back two days later to say it would be mailed out the following week. Then I get a call at the END of the following week from the neuropsychologist herself saying she was sorry it was late but that it would be going out in the mail right away. That was the end of LAST week. I STILL DON'T HAVE THE FLIPPIN' REPORT!!!!

If it doesn't come in today's mail, I'm calling again, and asking if I can just go down to the office to pick it up myself.

Sheesh.

This is NOT the same person we used for difficult child 2 last year -- THAT person was SOOOOOO much more professional.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I just left a message for the doctor since there was nothing delivered today from her.

And I checked my calendar again. difficult child 1's testing was APRIL 7 & 8. I met with the neuropsychologist on the 23rd for a "summary" of her findings, but not the actual report. It's been EIGHT WEEKS since the testing. This is ridiculous! The other neuropsychologist we used (who moved up north) had her report finalized within two weeks of the testing! Gosh, I wish she was still in my area...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
She called back while I was outside and said "Oh gosh, where does the time go to?!" Blah, blah, blah. "I dictated that report a while ago and I just need to finalize it. I have it on my calendar and will work on it from 11 to 12 tomorrow. Call me and let me know if you want me to fax it to you, or you can come pick it up at the clinic tomorrow around 4pm. Thanks for your patience."

Yeah, like I want to use up MY fax ribbon or MY gas to drive 20 miles to pick up a report that is weeks overdue... grrrr... I'm annoyed. No, I just want her to MAIL it to me, and PRONTO! Ugh.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
GCVMom--

How frustrating! That office sounds terribly un-professional....

I hope they get that report out to you soon!

--DaisyF

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I would be beyond livid.
I don't know how you have not... (well I could add a bunch of really bad things right here).

What really hoovers is that what is she going to do to make it up to you? Nothing! Will it affect her? NO
They can get away with these kinds of things and the only people who suffer are us and our kids...

Lame

aeroeng

Mom of Three
Our difficult child went to a day treatment center, XXXXXXX XXXXX. They promised all kinds of follow up procedures. They never sent us anything. We called and called. You need to get that from bla bla bla. Bla bla bla no longer works here. You need to write a letter to ... We will mail it out this week... We need approval before we can release that... You need to get the approval from bla bla bla... Huh I did not know she left....

When we called the Dr they said told us they scheduled a follow up visit with, he had no records. We were completely dropped off the face of the earth. I believe they lost his file, and it was easier to give us the run around then to admit it. Sure makes struggling with a difficult child fun.

Last edited by a moderator: