I think the stress of this one is going to be the one that does me in.....

family mum

Oh, I've been having so much trouble getting onto the forum, I'm so glad that I was able to see this thread. Buddy, poor you! Poor Q! Marguerite (do you get called daisy too?) and Lovelyboy, such amazing incite and advice. I think I should copy your posts and save them to my computer for future use!!!! And everyone is so wonderfully supportive.

The key really is how to express ourselves well so that we can get our kids what they need and be sure that our experiences with them are not discounted. Sometimes I think that we are perceived as wild emotional mothers when we are simply emotionally invested in our children's welfare. it's sometimes easier said than done to play it cool and strong, but it really is the best way to get heard. These are words that I find that I need to remind all the time.

buddy

Well, I called and the supervisor is out on Tuesday's. I did call the psychologist to see if she had ideas and if she would meet with us to help explain the kind of behavior methods that work well with him. That is what I proposed with her.

Of course Q still did his little shoves etc. when we were there between sessions, but they were not out of their offices at the time. At the other site he went straight from one therapy to the next with no back out to the waiting room then wait then go back. This speech therapist is always late. And the session is only a half hour and then she comes out early. I brought it to the attention of the scheduler and told her that if it continues, we will not be coming on Thurs. when we dont have another appointment because why would I have to ding around far from home for 90 minutes, then go to a session taht only lasts 15-20 minutes the drive in rush hour traffic across the twin cities to home? That is pointless.

So, I will ask them to do that kind of transition here too and I have a message with the supervisor to call me. The secretary did say she thought the whole thing seemed really unprofessional and awkward. At least it was not just my impression.

Sad thing is he is doing great in the sessions and has been fully cooperative with them.

Thanks for all the suggestions, yes, I did print this one out. I'll let you know what comes of it.

lovelyboy

Please let us know.....I can emagine how overwhelmed and disappointed you must feel!
To just go through that whole scenario AGAIN....of.....agh they ALSO DON'T GET IT!!!!! And THEY are supose to be the ones that do!!!!! I am so proud of you for keeping your cool!!!!!! I do think, though....that this is something that could be sorted out quickly! This Occupational Therapist (OT) must just be guided in the right direction and DROP HER ATTITUDE! Strange my oldest sons Occupational Therapist (OT) also has an attitude! :)
Buddy....sorry to ask.....you said you were thinking of getting yourself checked out physicly.....how is that going mommy? Are you still on track of looking after yourself? Maybe a little bit of "feeling good" pills to just uplift the mood and help with the bad pms spells you are going through? Lots of hugs!!!!,

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Gee Buddy I'm sorry, this is out of my league, just wanted you to know I read your post and send prayers that the perfect solution presents itself and this path becomes easier for you. Hugs to you sweet mom, take care of you too.

TerryJ2

Great ideas. Great plan.
I HATE it when this happens: She got defensive, said she was a professional (uggg how condescending...

by the way, I asked a male friend of mine a few yrs ago, "From your point of view, when a woman thinks or says XYZ 3 wks out of the mo, and then UVW one wk out of the mo when she's PMSing, which one is correct?"

"They both are," he said. "They're just different in intensity."

:)