I think Tony is trying to drive me crazy...or to make me think I am...seriously.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sorry Janet. I remembered him sitting in the smoking area of the hotel with us.........and I assumed he was smoking. But when you said he doesn't smoke.....I thought back, and by darn I don't recall a cigarette in his hand ever. lol But that is a GOOD thing. (2nd hand smoke is bull hocky......unless someone is allergic to tobacco)

So I'm guessing what they were trying to explain, and should have done a better job of it, is that Tony had a STROKE. BUT that he was fortunate that the damage was rather mild. THIS TIME. People who have strokes have a very high risk of repeating them. He still can be having TIAs. (which means damage is temporary) Or more small strokes where damage is minimal but permanent. These are like huge red flags that a major one is on the way. I hate it when docs make it sound like it's no big deal. They don't mean to.......they just are afraid of scaring their patients, when actually.......they do need to be at least a little afraid so they try to take better care of their health. Unless you go into detail, patients can't understand the difference between TIA and a small stroke. The difference IS TIA is temporary damage, stroke (small or large) is not. Doesn't mean you can't see improvement with a stroke, but it wont' go back to normal.

When you get him to the ER............find a way to talk to the doctor alone, even if you have to hunt him down at the nurses station, and tell him about the abrupt personality change ect you've been seeing. If Tony gets mad.......too bad.

((hugs))