I told difficult child of his classes

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by Kjs, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Kjs

Kjs Guest

I set him up and he walked right into it. I sat him down and asked if we could talk about school. I asked him if he knew why husband and I allowed him to skip a grade long ago. He replied, "yes, you wanted me to learn more, to be more challenged" I asked him if he thought we did the right thing. He replied "yes, I was bored". I then told him the program directer didn't have the decision of putting him in with friends, that his "house" teachers decided where his placement would be. Telling him that I doubt he is in with his friends. I then asked him, based on his test scores, and what he knows and doesn't know, I asked "where would YOU place yourself". He thought about it for a minute and said, "honors". I asked him how he would feel about that...he said, "happy". :dance: :smile: :dance: :whew:
    I then said...good and smiled. He had the biggest smile on his face and asked if that is where he is. I told him yes.
    He then was jumping for joy. He said "now I am excited to go to school" :dance:
    I am sooooo relieved. OMG a ton of weights lifted off my shoulders. Of course we are yet to see how that will work out.
    I am so happy I almost cried.
  2. ML

ML Guest

Oh K I am soo happy to hear this news. I know how worried you were. Sometimes they truly surprise us. Thank you for sharing this news!! Big hugs Michele
  3. Liahona

Liahona Active Member

Wow, excited for school! That is great news!!!
  4. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Great news and you handled it beautifully! :bravo:
  5. Marguerite

Marguerite Active Member

Oh, that is really great - and you handled it so well!

I have found, with easy child and with difficult child 3, that they do better when kept mentally stimulated.

I know my other two are supposed to be equally bright (especially easy child 2/difficult child 2) but they've always tended to hold themselves back from anything challenging.

Way to go!

6. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

:smile: Wonderful reaction!! I only could wish for that!

You both should be proud of him! He should be proud of himself!