I told her she has to move out by the end of month. I am heartsick.

witzend

I'm sorry, Dash. I know this is difficult, and you have made the right choice. Whatever you do, don't let her talk you out of it or she will never let you live it down. Be prepared for two weeks of bargaining and honeymooning and fighting. It's probably going to get worse before it gets better. She needs to know that at some point she will inevitably have to live on her own, and 21 is a good place to start. When she has been gone for a while, if everyone is comfortable, you can revisit it. But hopefully she will find a way to make it on her own.

witzend

I believe many of our kids don't give a flip about how their behavior impacts us.

No doubt. L was so off the wall the last time I saw her. She had just sat at lunch and told me that I had "never really been much of a mother" to her, and that she was having a friend of her dad's (with more money than us and a prestigious job) be her "Mother of the Bride" at her wedding. Before she had even gotten home, she was making arrangements to meet a man - not her fiance - on FB so he could "see her new puppy". She'd just performed the coup de grace on me and she can't even wait to get home to talk to some guy she "hasn't seen in ages" about her puppy. A true sociopath.

dashcat

Oh, Witz, I am so sorry that she was so hateful.

Right now she's acting as though nothinghas happened. It's weird, but it's also her MO to behave this way when there is a ghost of a chance that someone will hold her accountable. She saves the big drama for imaginary situations and small slights. Very odd.

I don't know whether she's talked to Ossy and, if so, whether or not he will let her live with him. If she has talked to him, he's not keeping me posted but, that's why we call him Ossy!

I have no idea what her plans are ... if she, in fact, has made any. There is nothing that is going to change my mind, though. As hard as this is, I have to follow through.
Dash