I tried to run away & ....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
no one cared, Mom. This is what wm told me this evening on the phone.

I didn't even ask why he tried to run - didn't really care. It's mostly the same thing, different day kind of thing with wm.

I DID ask him if all of this nonsense was working for him. He replied "no, it's not". I then asked him why he was wasting all of this energy pulling these antics.

"I want to get kicked out of here, go back to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) so I can graduate again & come home." :slap::rolleyes::stopglass:

I just have to learn not to ask questions. :help::crazy2::faint:

klmno

(snicker) Hang in there! It sounds like his maturity level hasn't quite caught up- but you gotta give him credit- he was probably honest with you!! And, that requires a little honesty with self. I think he'll be ok. Now, you on the other hand, well, better take care of yourself- you have a long haul ahead of you!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh my Linda,
It's always something isn't it? It seems completely like logical difficult child thinking. I'm glad at least he realizes it's not working for him. Hugs.

slsh

member since 1999
So much energy expended going around that darn hoop - heaven forbid they just jump through it.

I do believe we somehow have to figure out how to suspend reason when having conversations with our boys, my dear friend.

If they ever do get a grip and channel all that effort for something positive? There's absolutely nothing they won't be able to accomplish.

Banging my head on the wall right next to you. ;)

navineja

"So much energy expended going around that darn hoop - heaven forbid they just jump through it."

Love it, love it!! And ain't it the truth?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I just know better than to ask questions of the tweedles. Especially wm when he's in the frame of mind he was in last night. But no, I get pulled in & want to nurture & guide my son. :slap::itching::hammer: I know better than this.

Witz, I truly appreciate your response; kinda of says it all.

Sue, you really need to get up here & beat me about the head. I've learned from the best (you) not to get sucked into this kind of stuff.

I actually smiled a bit after talking with wm; started laughing as I shared this with husband. (husband was ROFL)

Beware of a difficult children logic - it will make you crazy. :bigsmile:

Thank you ladies - I knew you'd all understand.:flowers:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Our shrink told us to eliminate the W's as much as possible.

WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY? - MOSTLY WHY.

So I substituted with

:censored2:

but only in my mind - my face paints a much different picture-:laugh:I think Ronald McDonald and try to live with myself.

TerryJ2

"I want to get kicked out of here, go back to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) so I can graduate again & come home."

Hmm. Wonderfully convoluted logic. Sigh.