I want this dog! WOW

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Star*, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

2. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

What a great looking dog! I can just picture him walking me around the neighbourhood.

3. GoingNorth

GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

I can just imagine cleaning up after him. You'd need a backhoe
  4. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

With 3 dogs, that was my first thought, too.

5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I just showed it to husband and told him it's our next dog choice. I nearly gave him a heart attack. :rofl:

Could you see some burgerlar coming across THIS dog in a house. OMG, it'd probably scare him straight. :rofl: :rofl:
  6. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

We have a half husky/half sheperd who is about 100 lbs. We also have a Queen size bed that me, husband and said dog share. I'm not sure there's a bed big enough and sturdy enough to hold 2 people and this dog. :surprise:
  7. trinityroyal

Years ago I had a friend who had two!! :surprise: Great Danes that lived with him and his roommate in a small downtown apartment.

The dogs had their own queen sized bed. :rofl:
  8. Star*

I Love large dogs - but they use these in Russia to catch criminals -(did a bit more reading) and OMG - the pictures I see when I did an internet search for Caucasian Shepherds is just astounding - they are bigger than a St. Bernard.

And apparently you can shave it for the show ring. Awesome kid.
  9. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

Caucasian Shepherd?

Is it the one on the right or the one on the left?
  10. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

BiiiiiGGGG puppy! LOL.

Supposedly this breed, the Caucasian Ovtcharka, was crossed with-greyhounds approx 150 yrs ago and started the Borzoi line. Hard to imagine what they came up with-during the trial and error period!
    Anyway, since I had Borzoi a few yrs ago, I recognized the name. I've only seen one Ovtcharka in person and it wasn't nearly as big.
  11. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

I'm trying to imagine a Borzoi coming from that dog even with the greyhound added in the mix. Those two breeds just look so different. But I want one!! I love the idea of dog that is protective of everything in the household -- even the family cats.
  12. klmno

klmno Active Member

Let's see, $50 for my groceries- $50 for dog food, $100 for pooper -scooper, I'm not so sure Star-

But, it is a beautiful dog!
  13. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Look at this pup!!! We have a breeder of Fila's here in Sandpoint!!! They can get to 180lbs!!! We were looking at one!!! OMG!!!

But they are sure cute... I grew up with Rotties and Mastiffs... Love the big boys... I also looked at the Burmese Mountain Dogs...

Scroll down a bit and there is a cute picture!!!
  14. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Yeah, cute. See those jowels, though? I see that and just think of all the drool I'm going to be cleaning up. :rofl:
  15. Star*

MB - I LOVE HIM - OH my gosh I grab my Am Bulldogs jowls all the time and ask him WHEN is he going to grow into all his wrinkles - he loves the game!

That looks like a bloodhound and a mastiff mix. DF said if we ever have another breed it's going to be a Mastiff - I said NOT until you hang out with them for a while. I would go Bull Mastiff or Dogs de Bordeaux - French Mastiff. It think they are beautiful.

I love this (caucasian shepherd is on LEFT BBK) ROFLMAO. But the hair -

I also like Dogos Argentinos - but SO expensive and I don't know the temperment.

I guess I just love animals period.
  16. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

I know, between the drool and the poop, I don't know if it would balance out the cuddles ...

I think Dogos Argentinos are considered aggressive if they're not properly socialized. Other than that they're okay.
  17. Coookie

Coookie Active Member

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I could ride him to work!!!!!!!!! :smile:
  18. trinityroyal

I have a mental image...a convoy of CD Warrior Parents, all clad in our rhino-skin battle armor, riding giant furry doggies down the street.

19. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Wow, pretty big pup.
    My two are a lot of dog and a fair amount of work to keep them the way I think they should be kept.
    Lots of grooming and walking.
    If this dog is anything like the Great Pyr, they are not high energy dogs. They watch and protect. Not a large amount of food in or out. Some may drool which is annoying because I don't like yuck in my house. They take a great deal of space though. I love my guys
    more than I ever thought.

by the way, I walk trails that I would never walk alone because the trails are so secluded. No one would come near me. I am the flock that the pups are guarding. Yet they are dog friendly,cat friendly, goat friendly and people friendly.

20. Coookie

Coookie Active Member

They are beautiful dogs. :smile: I can understand why you have no fear walking in secluded areas with them... neither would I. :smile:

I think I would probably have to get a little chiwawa (sp) though. :wink: But no hope of that... husband say's when the girls go.. that's it. No more pets. :frown: I'll just get a Hamster and name it spot. :cool-dog: :smile: