I want this dog! WOW

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:smile:

I just showed it to husband and told him it's our next dog choice. I nearly gave him a heart attack. :rofl:

Could you see some burgerlar coming across THIS dog in a house. OMG, it'd probably scare him straight. :rofl: :rofl:

mstang67chic

Going Green
We have a half husky/half sheperd who is about 100 lbs. We also have a Queen size bed that me, husband and said dog share. I'm not sure there's a bed big enough and sturdy enough to hold 2 people and this dog. :surprise:

trinityroyal

Years ago I had a friend who had two!! :surprise: Great Danes that lived with him and his roommate in a small downtown apartment.

The dogs had their own queen sized bed. :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I Love large dogs - but they use these in Russia to catch criminals -(did a bit more reading) and OMG - the pictures I see when I did an internet search for Caucasian Shepherds is just astounding - they are bigger than a St. Bernard.

And apparently you can shave it for the show ring. Awesome kid.

TerryJ2

BiiiiiGGGG puppy! LOL.

Supposedly this breed, the Caucasian Ovtcharka, was crossed with-greyhounds approx 150 yrs ago and started the Borzoi line. Hard to imagine what they came up with-during the trial and error period!
Anyway, since I had Borzoi a few yrs ago, I recognized the name. I've only seen one Ovtcharka in person and it wasn't nearly as big.

meowbunny

I'm trying to imagine a Borzoi coming from that dog even with the greyhound added in the mix. Those two breeds just look so different. But I want one!! I love the idea of dog that is protective of everything in the household -- even the family cats.

klmno

Let's see, $50 for my groceries- $50 for dog food, $100 for pooper -scooper, I'm not so sure Star-

But, it is a beautiful dog!

F

flutterbee

Yeah, cute. See those jowels, though? I see that and just think of all the drool I'm going to be cleaning up. :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
MB - I LOVE HIM - OH my gosh I grab my Am Bulldogs jowls all the time and ask him WHEN is he going to grow into all his wrinkles - he loves the game!

That looks like a bloodhound and a mastiff mix. DF said if we ever have another breed it's going to be a Mastiff - I said NOT until you hang out with them for a while. I would go Bull Mastiff or Dogs de Bordeaux - French Mastiff. It think they are beautiful.

I love this (caucasian shepherd is on LEFT BBK) ROFLMAO. But the hair -

I also like Dogos Argentinos - but SO expensive and I don't know the temperment.

I guess I just love animals period.

TerryJ2

I know, between the drool and the poop, I don't know if it would balance out the cuddles ...

I think Dogos Argentinos are considered aggressive if they're not properly socialized. Other than that they're okay.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wow, pretty big pup.
My two are a lot of dog and a fair amount of work to keep them the way I think they should be kept.
Lots of grooming and walking.
If this dog is anything like the Great Pyr, they are not high energy dogs. They watch and protect. Not a large amount of food in or out. Some may drool which is annoying because I don't like yuck in my house. They take a great deal of space though. I love my guys
more than I ever thought.

by the way, I walk trails that I would never walk alone because the trails are so secluded. No one would come near me. I am the flock that the pups are guarding. Yet they are dog friendly,cat friendly, goat friendly and people friendly.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/greatpyrenees.htm

Coookie

Fran,

They are beautiful dogs. :smile: I can understand why you have no fear walking in secluded areas with them... neither would I. :smile:

I think I would probably have to get a little chiwawa (sp) though. :wink: But no hope of that... husband say's when the girls go.. that's it. No more pets. :frown: I'll just get a Hamster and name it spot. :cool-dog: :smile:

Hugs