I want to go away

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
He had better watch it or a Possie of CD Aunties are gonna come and open up a can of whoop A-s on him!!!!

I too sat here and thought, I really don't know what I could say to help Heather right now???

You could come stay here for awhile!!! leave your so called easy child with Grandma and difficult child and you can come get away!!!

I am so sorry...

Star*

call 911........call 911
>>>>>>>>U need a guide! I'm available!! Where are we going?

-Regarding the Migraines. I had 15 a month. I was put on Topomax 400 mg. for seizures and Fosomax during
-that time
And Then I had Relpax for the migraine punch so that I wouldn't end up in the ER. They are all expensive. My insurance paid for them. I was down to headaches just during - that time. Or hormonal headaches.

When I went in the hospital a month ago, my insurance was cancelled!!!!! So I decided no more pills. I couldn't take anything or keep it down anyway, so 9 days without them before I ended up in the ER and for 2 weeks after? I think I'm allergic to (don't laugh) cheese. I was on the BRAT diet for a week and then could add yogurt and other stuff until I was well enough to start taking all the medications again. (I'm on 12) or...was. I thought at first it was milk, because they put so many hormones in the cows. Then I thought it was yogurt. Still a dairy. But I've noticed if I eat cheese on anything....BLAMO instant creeping migraine. From the light fairies to the ice bag.

Tension gives me a migraine too, but I think some of the medications they had me on CAUSED the migraines. Interestingly enough - I'm now only taking 2 medications. For pre-diabetes, and an occasional Tylenol. It could be that my medications were "in" my system and that I'm completely full of cheese my ownself. But what if...?

I gave up, PaxilCR, caffeine, and sugar plus a bunch of other medications and cold turkey too. I do NOT recommend trying to get off Paxil without stepping down. It almost killed me. No joke. But I am rich in spirit and poor in pocket and no insurance.

I started keeping a migraine diary too. Apparenlty I am a vampire and detest sunshine days. It truly has something to do with the weather. Overcast days I've never had a headache. Odd huh?

We're all nothing but a bunch of chemicals held together with skin and heaven only knows what they are putting in our food.

Worth a try - especially at your young age. Or any age for that matter.

Hugs
Star

TerryJ2

Heather {{{hugs}}}
You were right to tell your son that it is not your job to make him feel good. It never was to begin with, no matter what his diagnosis is. What we as parents can do it to help teach our kids to make themselves feel good, to give them the tools. You have certainly done that.
You are absolutely right that this is about you, as it should be. You're sick with-heart problems.
And you know what? Sick people can make rules, too. From now on, it's his job to change the litterbox, run the dishwasher, and do anything else you need done. He gets no privileges if he doesn't.
Tell him that he does not have to feel sorry for you but he does have to respect your rules.
Good luck!

F

flutterbee

Thank you all for the support. :flower:

My mother has ALWAYS had boundary issues when it comes to easy child. Huge. It's soooo much better than it used to be. Was like pulling teeth to get here...the knock-down-drag-outs I referred to in an earlier post, cutting off contact. I'm telling ya, it was a battle to get to where we are.

easy child barely spoke to me last night, didn't speak to me this morning and didn't call me when he got home from school. Whatever. My mom took him shopping after school and when I got home, he was picking up and doing laundry. Mom must have said something to him. :faint:

AND I didn't get fired today. That's always a plus.

I'm ALWAYS ready to run away to Belize. Not sure how it fared with Hurricane Dean, though. I'm up for ideas.

F

flutterbee

Star -

So sorry to hear your insurance was cancelled. That's one of my biggest fears right now.

Thanks for the tips. I don't get migraine's often and when I do I think they are mostly tension and/or stress related.

And, of course you can be the tour guide! Where we going?

Star*

call 911........call 911
WE can go anywhere! I was thinking Romania. I have a couple million laying around and the Castle Dracul is for sale. (Huge interest in that vampire stuff) Romania is just so chaotic right now.

Possibly a little island in the Pacific that no one really knows is there. It's miles away from Hawaii, Japan and actually is probably closer to Southern Baja than anywhere. If I could wave a wand I'd go to that island where Captain Jack Sparrow lives...drop my Mom off there (HUGE fan) and then I'd probably go North to Norway. I like blonde, Scandahoovian men.

But since this is YOUR fantasy YOU pick....I'll just tell you all about it before we go.

ps I'm running with scissors and I don't care WHAT my Mother tells me.

pss I'll be sportin' and eye patch then.

Hugs
Star

F

flutterbee

Star, I think we should gas up the CD bus and get everyone on board. Maybe if we pool our resources we can splurge on a CD jet. :smile:

I like them dark-haired boys. Wherever we go, it has to be warm and the men must live to wait on us hand and foot...and look really good shirtless. I'm not picky at all. :rofl: