I want to take him out of school

susiestar

Roll With It
That class did you a HUGE disservice, and also did one to EVERY professional in there. A loving home does NOT fix all problems, and it is NOT your fault, nor will all professionals think it is. Hopefully they can see beyond the out of date bias of that professor/class. NOt just that, but there are a lot of other problems that create a need for sp ed services beyond the scope of the class. That thinking is about as relevant as the old thing about refrigerator mothers causing autism because they don't love their babies. Pure and total BS. Most of that came from an abominable study done with primates where some were kept with a family, some were in a room with a board. Those with just a board or nothing were profoundly handicapped for all of their lvies. I remember it from psychology class and remembered wondering WHAT ethics would allow someone to justify that, esp with a primate that CLEARLY was hurting. It was in 1986 that I learned about it, and had happened at least 20 yrs before that I think.