I wanted to share this with all of you

Jena

Hi :)

I wanted to take the time to share this with all of you, alot of whom struggle with difficult child's for whom are on the verge of out of home placement, also alot who recently had to place their children in out of home placement due to alot of different things.

I've never shared this before. yet my new job has def brought up alot of past things for me, alot I can handle and alot it was odd to revisit. I now understand whole heartedly my need to do what it is I do and the fact it's taken me these number of years to figure it out.

I was a kid who was in an out of home placement, I was on a pins petition petition brought forth by my mother. I do not want to get too involved, yet suffice it to say I suffered varying degrees of abuse as a young child by the hands of my father, unbeknownst to my mother with whom was divorced from him. I had no diagnosis at the time, I had evaluations yet just came up troubled kid. I was placed in an out of home placement that still exists, a group home. I took the time to look the place up after I fought to have one of my kids at work not go into out of home placement. It is pegged as the group home for the neediest of neediest for the kids with whom are a mess basically and cannot survive in either their home or foster home, kids who have a chance it was quoted in a well read paper here in new york.

So, although we have all seen me stumble a bit here in the beginning lol ok alot, i was that kid and I really am ok now, I will continue to grow.

I just really wanted to share that with all of you. That there are the kids who do make it out, who do go on to lead lives to be happy. Who knows had they done a neuropsychologist on me years ago what I would of had or didn't have. Yet that wasnt' the "way" years ago, it was a quick psychiatrist evaluation and no medications and boom off you go.

Anyway so i'm hoping this gives some of you hope. I"m not able to share this at work to give parents hope i'm afraid they'll lose faith in me lol. but i can def share it with you guys.

((hugs to all)))

B

bran155

Jennifer,

Your post brought me to tears and gave me goose bumps! Thank you for sharing this with us. I am a true believer in the "everything happens for a reason" mantra. It seems it rings very true for you. You endured a rocky childhood which in turn made you an awesome mom to a difficult child and a caregiver to others. I am so happy that you were able to find your passion in life. The families you will cross paths with are blessed to have you in their corner!!!

I am so sorry that you had to go through abuse of any kind. Though I do believe it made you the person you are today. Your story gives me hope, much hope that my difficult child can turn her life around. So thank you so much for sharing a piece of your history with us!!!

Keep on reaching for the stars, you are so worth it!!!

Shawna :)

Jena

Shawna

Please your my idol are you kidding?? LOL. You move mountains literally lately. The abuse is in the past, yet I wanted to share it to get what I was trying to say across. Granted i'm not a doctor or lawyer or pulling in some great income yet I think helping ppl in anyway is better than that. I just wanted to let you guys know that sometimes, after yes many years lol it does turn out ok.

Andy

Thank you Jen! All the success stories I hear on this board really do give me hope for my kids. It is so promising to know that the life story of today's struggles can have a happy ending. Those awesome, wonderful characteristics we see in our kids are real and can be their success. Your strength and determination brought you through your childhood and has given you the patience you need to get difficult child through hers. Your understanding is what makes your job the success it is meant to be. Your experiences have given you the ability to know that there are answers out there somewhere.

Jena

Andy :)

Somewhere, I dunno' where though?? LOL. I had to face a situation the other day and wow I almost cried, I saved it for ride to next appointment. I child with whom has gotten under my skin and in my heart and I wasn't even aware it had occurred.

he's decompensating, he's gotta have out of home placement. I dont' want it for him, I know it won't be best, my gut tells me so and screams at me. Long story short it brought back memories of me standing in court at 12, with my suitcase packed and going into a van and being taken away from my mom. I think I may go back there next time I have a free weekend, I want to see the kids I want to talk to them. I want to tell them they'll be ok.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Thank you for sharing! You little boulder! You are more than a rock...
I laugh at times when my therapist says things like I can't believe what you have been through, you are so strong. BLAH BLAH BLAH...
I say to her, "What am I supposed to do?" "Is there a choice, really?"
I then tell her, "You should hear the stories from some of my friends on my support group on-line"
"I haven't been through anything"
She just looks at me like I am crazy!
That is what I like about this place, the hope we offer each other.

Jena

that's funny cause it's the same thing i say well do i have a choice?? umm no. you do what you gotta do at the end of the day.

pyschdoc's what the heck do they know?? LOL. the fact that their scared by our tales speaks volumes :)

hey we should all get together and write a scary book or maybe a movie?? :) ha ha