I Was Hopeful

Bunny

I always see people posting on social media about their plans and hopes for the new year. I never really post anything like that because in years past the new year simply brought more of the same. Meltdowns, tantrums, screaming, tears (usually those are from me). I have always felt so hopeless because of difficult child.

This year I was hoping for better. He had been doing well, except for some pre-Christmas troubles, so I thought that maybe, just maybe, 2014 might be different.

Yeah. And then reality comes crashing down on me and I realize pretty quickly into the new year that 2014 is pretty much going to be the same as 2013, 2012, 2011 and on and on and on.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to hope.

Wiped Out

Staff member
So sorry sweetie. There were many years I wondered if there was any hope. Things still aren't perfect but they are better. It has taken a lot of therapy, hospitalizations, medication changes, and lots more but things did get better. Be gentle and kind to yourself. Please do some things that are just for you. That is what helped keep me sane (well somewhat anyways:)). Sending gentle hugs your way.

I'm sorry too, Bunny. Hope is definitely very hard to hold on too. The last 2-3 weeks I feel like that's what I've been missing and I know I have to do something different because we have to have SOME hope or life doesn't seem worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using ConductDisorders

InsaneCdn

January isn't the right month to judge the year by... it's "always" a bad month around here.
And yes... the old patterns show up, and we immediately color the whole coming year the same way, but... it isn't necessarily true.
For us... one year, "magically" (not), things began to turn. It's still up and down, but there is more up than down... not only do we have hope, but difficult child does too.

Californiablonde

I'm sorry you feel that way, Bunny. I am right there with you. I was hoping 2014 would be a turn around for difficult child, but today she refused to go to school, the first day back from vacation. Even meeting with the principal last month didn't have any impact on her. All we can do is keep our kids in prayer and hope for the best. Eventually they may finally "get it" even if it doesn't seem possible right now.