I was SO blinkin MAD! AND then I WON!

susiestar

Roll With It
Jess has been doing chores to buy the new Maximum Ride book that came out today.

We ordered from Amazon. I was placing another order on Sat and couldn't find it in the order history. Amazon Cancelled it. Customer Service couldn't figure out why.

Ok.

I took her into town today to the ONLY bookstore. They swore it was not out until tomorrow. After not 1, not 2, but 3 RUDE college kids treated me like **** for asking about a book I walked out. BEFORE I asked, I walked EVERYWHERE in the store the book should be. Through the entire kids section, young adults, new releases, fiction, new adult releases, ALL of it. I then walked again chasing the one little girlie who must have been low on the totem pole or something.

But they HAD to treat me like an idiot just because I have grey hair and kids with me. This is NOT the first time I have been treated like this there - and we spend about $200 a month there! So I left. They treat other women who are past college age similarly.

So we went to Wally World. Where the book lady informs me, in such a PATRONIZING way, that ALL new book releases come out on Tuesdays. They CANNOT come out on Mondays.

Well, yeah, they can. Especially if the author is James Patterson and HE wants it done that way!

I came home. Checked with James Patterson's website, it comes out today. Left him a nice note about stores refusing to release the book on the release date.

Came home and made a call to the bookstore's corporate office. Was polite but NOT nice. Flat out told them the store manager was lying when he said it was out in Children's. Because he WAS.

Why do these people think they can treat me like I am an idjit?

Why, oh why, do they think that will be something I tolerate? I have dealt with worse they they could dream of!

The store manager called me after the corporate person's supervisor told them I was REALLY ANGRY because they were rude and that the book was NOT in the areas listed above.

Store manager called within 3 minutes of me hanging up - GUESS WHAT?????

He apologized and offered me a FREE copy. He had better.

HAH. I won. Treat me rudely. (I also get a free beverage in the cafe - so I am sending husband. I don't like their coffee.)

Lesson: ALWAYS refuse the first offer - which was to let me drive back into town to pick up the book and they would let me have it for 40% off instead of 30% off.

I MIGHT even shop there for books at some point. But amazon is usually easier on my gas tank!

Susie

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm with ya on that one! Rudeness and arrogance are two of my biggest character peeves in other people.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie

That sort of thing happens with video games too.

I'm a Sims nut. I watch for every expansion pack and believe me I KNOW when it is due for release in just about every country. The last thng I want after waiting MONTHS for a game or expansion pack to be release is for some snotty store clerk who knows dittly squat to tell me it's not out yet.

Wally world likes to release their Sims games a day late. (idiots) So each and every time I march into the store, look on the overstock shelf for video games and there it sits. I snatch it up and walk it to the check out counter. They've yet to say I can't have it. lol

Good for you for not taking their nonsense. And double good for you for getting a free coffee and copy of the book out of it.

Hugs

Fran

Former desparate mom
difficult child got me hooked on the Maximum Ride series. Thanks for the head's up. I have a road trip tomorrow and it's perfect.

Good for you for not being dismissed.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Susie,

I'm sorry you were treated rudely. It has crossed my mind occasionally, well more than occasionally to open up a customer service training school because people just don't know how to treat people nice.
That is - they don't know how to treat people nice until you go to the top dog and let them know you were treated poorly.

But getting a call, with an apology, AND A FREEBIE, PLUS a cup of coffee? OHHHHHH GIRL - YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Go get 'em tiger - rip 'em a new one. (box of new books that is)

VERY NICELY HANDLED.
-Star (taking notes)

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Wow, I need to take the updated Get Some Respect Class from you. Sounds like you took them to task and achieved what needed to be achieved.

Hugs
Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
I really love good customer service and HATE bad customer service. I have been a salesperson, phone order taker, customer service rep for ALLL kinds of things.

There are a number of places I simply will not go anymore because the service is so bad, including one of the 2 McDonalds in our town - both owned by the same family. One is very very good, other is very very bad.

I decided a while back to stop letting these people get away with things. I tell them what I want, usually know how often I shop and ALWAYS go to the TOP for problems - even sent a message to the author about the stores not releasing the book!

Give it a shot, ladies. The worst that you will get is a stare, and they give you that anyway!

Susie