I watched a dvd today...

tiredmommy

My Sister's Keeper starring Cameron Diaz & Abigail Breslin. Has anyone else seen it? It was a heart-wrenching movie where the parents of a terminally ill child decide to conceive another child to hopefully save the dying child. It's not all black & white and the parents aren't evil like my synopsis suggests. I was really affected by the mother (Diaz) and I thought of us. How many of us are (figuratively) fighting for our child's life? How many of our other children must make sacrifices or don't receive our best because of this fight? How many marriages have suffered and even failed in the face of our difficult child's problems? I couldn't condemn the character because, really, what would I do?

KTMom91

I didn't see the movie...read the book, which apparently has a very different ending than the movie. The book is very good.

crazymama30

I saw it. Wow, it was a heart breaker. I couldn't condemn any of them, the parents for wanting to save their sick child nor the healthy child. I saw lots of similarities between difficult child and easy child, just not as severe. It was kinda hard to watch.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE

smallworld

I read the book, too, but I haven't yet seen the movie. It's on the "to see" list.

Thanks for posting those Time Magazine links, Suz. Wow, what a story.

Mattsmom277

Haven't read the book yet but plan to. The movie was a thought provoker for sure. I couldn't condemn the parents either. Likewise I don't know that I could certain things they did.