I went to a naturopathic doctor today...

mattsmum

I was very impressed. She spent 2 hours getting background info from me on my son. Then I returned to the office with difficult child and she took some blood from his finger to test for 96 food sensitivities. We will get the results next month.

She gave me some great suggestions for home. I can share if anyone is interested.

LovingAbbey

A naturopath was who tested my difficult child for food allergies. He was great. The supplements he gave us to try didn't work to well for difficult child, but the change in behaviors simply from the diet adjustments was amazing!

mattsmum

Michelle...
That is great to hear because things have been REALLY challenging around here lately. We will be getting the results of the blood test at the end of June.

One strategy that the naturopathic dr. gave us has helped a lot. We set up an "anger room" (or whatever you want to call it) in our basement. The dr. said that he should not be sent to his room when he is angry, he should be taught to go to another room in the house that is set up for him.

I brought the mini-trampoline down there, bought a spiderman punching bag, and set up some playdoh. When he is angry, we remind him to go downstairs to work through his anger and he can come up when he is through. He has actually gone down a few times on his own when he has been angry! When he comes back up, the anger is gone! The playdoh seems to be what he is using.