I wish I hadn't sent out all the graduation announcements.....

Tiapet

Old Hand
just yet! I got an invite in the mail yesterday, that only a select few parents will get, for the senior awards ceremony at the high school May 27th. Seems my daughter (eldest difficult child) will be graduating with HONORS!!! :) That would have been really nice to have put on all her announcements. Why couldn't they have told me sooner?? Grrrrrrrrrr.........

witzend

Get out the phone book! Call those special people you want to invite and give them the good news. And congratulations!:D

DammitJanet

How wonderful! That might open up even more scholarships.

Friend of mine in my group found out last meeting that her son was graduating Suma and was going to be Valedictorian. He got 3 scholarships to Wake Forest which is the school he wanted to attend. Even better news is that they are renewable scholarships for every year as long as he keeps up his gpa.

Im so jealous!

Tiapet

Old Hand
Thanks ladies! She was going to have a party but then....she decided she would rather take a road trip with her boyfriend to his home state instead! imagine that! I'm not happy about it at all and I don't want her to do it but she's "18 and can do what she wants", as she tells me. So, I guess maybe I should be thankful I don't have to do a party? I don't know. It just doesn't feel right to me and feels like it should be celebrated but if this is what she wants, what can I do. :(