I wish she'd read the assignment sheet before now...

KTMom91

Apparently Miss KT has been trying to get me to help her with an assignment for her business class all week long. Bad me. I was under the impression that I was helping her finish an assignment that was a "what would you do?" scenario, but no. We sit down to work on this, because she has to turn it in tomorrow (online), and I discover she hasn't looked at the assignment sheet. We (I say WE because I KNOW who will be doing the thinking on this cute little project) have a three-page, single spaced paper to write, detailing her dream career, her practical career, and her nightmare career. Swell.

Her dream career is to be a swimsuit model, and follow up with a multi-page spread in Playboy. Now WE get to research how one becomes a swimsuit model. WE also have to include the results of her self-assessment tests, that she didn't take because she is SO NOT introspective. "Mom, I have to take this self-assessment. What do I like to do?" Besides drive your mother insane? Gee, couldn't tell you.

This is going to be a very long night.

susiestar

Roll With It
Tell me again. Why are YOU doing this? It is Miss KT's assignment right? I wish you luck and hope it isn't too rough a night.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hope you survived the night........................ I'm thinking on the swimsuit model career, the first thing I would do would be to make real good friends with the person touching up the photos and make sure they know how to airbrush with a heavy hand.....................

Ah, loved those last minute? assignments..........................

SRL

Hope you survived the night........................ I'm thinking on the swimsuit model career, the first thing I would do would be to make real good friends with the person touching up the photos and make sure they know how to airbrush with a heavy hand........................

:DThe first thing I would do is to make sure my daughter was thinking about turning that assignment into an old, gray haired female business teacher and not some hunky male.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
KT is 18 and in college. Why are you "helping" her with this assignment?? Maybe some tips on where to look for information, but otherwise I'd back off and let her do the work herself. She's a big girl.

Hope the night went well.

Hugs

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
KTMom--

I can give you some tips on the "swimsuit model" career....

First, you must possess the following attributes (gained by whatever means are necessary...):

1) Minimum Height 5' 9" tall

2) Must fit a size 8

3) Bra size must be 36 C or D. Breasts must be 'perky'--again, by whatever means necessary

4) Must have straight teeth, straight petite nose, large eyes and flawless skin

5) Must have even tan--no lines (NONE)

Finally (and most important--especially if you are not related to an important person in the business or quite up to snuff in one of the other categories )

MUST BE WILLING TO SLEEP WITH AGENTS, PHOTOGRAPHERS, DESIGNERS and /or ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS ANY INFLUENCE ABOUT WHO GETS TO BE IN THE PHOTO SHOOT.

Hope this helps!

Best of luck with the project...

KTMom91

I gave her some ideas on where to look for info, like places to work, agencies to contact, etc., and helped her word things. She did all the research and the actual writing. My function is to help her put the thoughts down coherently. She knows what she wants to say, but it gets lost between brain and keyboard. Always has. With the "what would you do?" scenarios, she's totally lost. She can't imagine herself in a situation she's never been in, so I would talk her through them, then help her get it onto the page.

It wasn't too bad; she found out which states had the highest and lowest pay for swimsuit models, looked at modeling agencies, talked about portfolios and the importance of being physically fit. One page is filled. The next page is on her probable career, child care, which she's already researched, so it's just a matter of getting her words onto paper. She gets overwhelmed so easily, and it's easier to help her word her paper than listen to her rage around the house because she doesn't know where to start or what to do next. She knows that she has to ask for the help, and not fight me or be snippy, because I'll stop helping right there.

donna723

Question: If she hadn't even looked at the assignment sheet yet, how did she know that she needed YOUR help with it? Hmmmm?

If it was me, I think she'd have to fend for herself on this one!

(I think we must have been posting at the same time!) :tongue:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ahhhhhhh. So she has some of the same issues Travis always had that way. I understand now. I used to guide him the same way.

KTMom91

She's had trouble with this class all semester. It's the first online class she's ever taken, and she only took it because she wanted to drop a class, and I made it clear she WAS NOT TO GO BELOW 12 UNITS, so she found this one, and thought it would be easy. It's on finding your perfect career, and has a lot of self-awareness quizzes and tips for better understanding yourself. Yeah, right.

The paper is done and submitted. One last assignment and that's it. Woo hoo!

KTMom91

Her nightmare career was working at the SPCA. We both have trouble with the commercials that show the poor injured animals. She could not handle going to work and seeing animals in cages all day long, or deal with the situations some awful people put their animals in.

One of my soapbox topics is "adopt, don't breed," and she cheered me on when I landed on a woman at church for saying she was going to breed their dog so her children could see the birth. That woman didn't know what hit her.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
lol Mary on the breeding the dog to see birth thing.

Gee, what a dumb reason to breed your dog. I don't dislike responsible breeders.........but sheesh. I've had my fair share of pure breeds, but mutts are my favs......and have been my best dogs all the way around. Even if I am a basset nut.