I woke up in agony this morning!

DammitJanet

My right eye felt like someone had sliced it open and I couldnt even open either of my eyes because it hurt so badly to even try. I was fine when I went to sleep. I was up most of the night googling stuff and when I fell asleep I was perfectly fine. I woke up to the feeling of my eye on fire and feeling like there was glass cutting my eye. I tried to open my eyes but that didnt work and I had to feel my way to the bathroom to pee. I wasnt even sure what time it was but I was hollering for someone and Billy was home and he came and found me and got me back to my bed. He couldnt see anything coming out of my eye like blood so he found me some eye drops. That didnt help. I called Tony in a panic crying that I was now blind! Yes I was panicking.

They got me to the hospital and I have scratched the cornea and boy does it hurt! I was really scared because I have increased pressure in my eyes that they are watching. They gave good stuff in the hospital while testing that numbed the eye right up but of course that isnt what they rx for using at home...drat them. They just gave me some anti-inflammatory drops and some drops that will make my eye not focus so that it will relax while it heals. But omg does it hurt when the drops go in!

I may not be able to respond much until my eye gets better because it is hard to type and read much but I will be here sporadically. Actually Im going through withdrawals already. Shouldnt be on now but I cant stand it...lol.

buddy

OOOO I know that pain! I have very dry eyes, even have had surgery to help.... part of my autoimmune disease... It feels so intense when that happens like a razor slicing but it goes even deeper.... So sorry and so glad it is a fixable thing. I hurt for you when I read that! We will miss you, but get better.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Do you think you opened your eyes while you were sleeping? That's what happened to my mom and it was excruciating to have her eyes dry out because of it.

Steely

Oh Janet ---- be SO careful!!! I have many eye stores that I will not share - but suffice to say - you need to baby this to the fullest extent. And yes, it does HURT! I actually demanded Vicodan for the issues I had it hurt so bad. The BIGGEST thing is that you do not want the cornea to become detached - so if you notice any other signs go back to the Dr asap.

This must be the day for issues - Matt has been in and out of ER today with a sliced hand - also freaking out. I can so hear him saying, like you - I am blind! :) Instead it was a teary eyed 6 year old that called saying - Mommy? I need help :(

HUGS.

(((HUGS))) This hurts! I'm so sorry!This happened to me once, too. I once dropped a big book in my eye and I swear it was so painful I couldn't even speak at times. Just remember, this will heal and get better soon. Cover with an eye patch, CVS has them.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Antibiotics, and something else.......(what was it) OMG I just know they are EXPENSIVE - and DO EXACTLY WHAT THE OPTHAMOLOGIST told you to do and LONG as he told you to do it.........

SENDING HUGS ........I know this is so painful. I got sand under my contact a few years back and the pain was ridiculous ----the scratch was absurd. Took about a month to heal and I had to wear a contact BANDAGE (unreal) the things they have now.

Hugs...

DammitJanet

They didnt patch my eye, just told me to keep dark sunglasses on. I had put a folded gauze pad over it with tape but they said that some of the cotton was sticking to my eye lids and they were afraid it might fall in my eyes when the doctor was checking my eyes so I am afraid to put another one on now. Maybe I might go get a real eye patch tomorrow or just keep using the glasses.

DammitJanet

Little bit. My eye can open today but it is sore as all get out. I am continuing with the drops of course. it feels like someone has punched me and given me a big shiner. Still taking pain pills though so that might be helping with the pain from it. Tony is being very nice to me today..lol. Even Cory came over to check on me. I was asleep sitting up and Cory came in and pushed me back down in the bed into a more normal position and fixed my blankets over me. LOL.

klmno

I don't know how I missed this thread before so I'm sorry I'm late jumping in here. I did that once when I was a teen- I don't remember much about it exceppt that it was very painful and I had an ointment or drops or something to put in it. It did take a few days but eventually, it quit hurting and healed normally. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this on top of everything else. You don't need anymore pain or koi to deal with!!

Steely

Just really be careful Janet. I know I keep repeating that - but if you end up detaching your cornea than the healing time period and pain intensifies. Glad it is a little better today.

DammitJanet

Now my eye itself is feeling a bit better but I have this huge pus bump on the lower lid. I am really wondering if I didnt get bitten by something.

klmno

It sounds like it could be- but I tend to think that if any infection is coming out somewhere, that's a good sign. II know it couldn't feel good, but at least it's trying to get out of your system.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmm. I think you should have it checked again. If it's a bite......and it's got pus already......you needed to have it treated. Eye infections of any kind are not to be taken lightly, they can get real nasty real fast and affect your vision.

Possible whatever bit you (if it's a bite) scratched your cornea while it was at it.

Did they check to make certain there was no debri under either eyelid while you were there?

been there done that mine cause by contact lenses. I decided to stick with glasses after that. Just not worth it.

((hugs))