I would not want to be this neighbor

TerryJ2

Oh, oh, oh, okay. :) I was speedreading. :(
Sorry about the vehicle driving into the bldg. I hope it's not all the same bldg, lol!

keista

Don't know how much info is being updated in national news so I figured I'd post for anyone interested.

Turns out that when the kids went to the neighbor's house, they had no clue who had shot them (remember this was 5am). Since they didn't know the neighbor didn't know and even thought one of the kids was the shooter so that's why he didn't let them in. Poor guy is getting death threats over this.

So that also explains why they so willingly went back home when mom called for them. They didn't know it was her at the time.

svengandhi

I read that the neighbors in general were terrified of the kids and that at least one of them already had an arrest record. It seems like the mom had issues as well. I can understand why they wouldn't let them in. The boy across the street from drinks and does drugs. One day last summer, he knocked on our door and started screaming at H about something irrational. H is bigger than him but has a heart condition - he slammed the door on him and called his house. It turned out that the parents are getting divorced - the mom left for another woman and the dad was out of town on a business trip when this incident occurred - boy was almost 18 at time. Even knowing this, if this kid came screaming to my house, I'd call 911 but I wouldn't let him in.