Icons?

Californiablonde

I keep seeing people post smiley faces and cute little halloween pics but I can't seem to figure out how to post some of my own. After all these years I still can't figure it out! What am I missing?

InsaneCdn

When you are posting a reply from a computer (I don't know how this works on mobile)... just above where I'm typing, there's a row of icons... font, bold/italics/underline, etc.

One of those is a smiley.
Click on that, and there's a pop-up of friendly faces to choose from.

trinityroyal

CB, here's what you do. When you're in the Quick Reply box at the bottom of a thread, there are 3 buttons in the bottom right-hand corner: Post Quick Reply, Go Advanced and Cancel.

1) Click Go Advanced.
A page opens that allows you to create and edit your post in more detail. There are editing buttons and other functions that you don't have access to when you use Quick Reply.
2) On the right hand side, look for the little panel with Smilies in it. Underneath, there should be a link that says More... Click the link.
Another page opens that shows all of the available Smilies.
3) Choose the one you want to add to your post, and click it. The image should appear wherever you placed your cursor.
You can move the smilie around within your post.

That should do it.

*Trinity

trinityroyal

IC, is that question for me?

Windows 7. But the functions I describe were also available on Windows Vista and XP, and on the Android mobile thingy that I use sometimes too.
I am adamantly NOT a Mac person, and haven't used a Unix/Linux machine in a while, so I haven't tried it in those formats.

InsaneCdn

The question was for CB, because... if we're on Windows and she's on Mac... we'll need a Mac person to tell her how to find it on that system.

Californiablonde

I'm using my work computer and it's Windows. I tried clicking on go advanced but I still don't see any of those cute halloween pics there. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? I am a blonde, afterall, lol.

Californiablonde

I see Forum, Parents Support Forum, The Watercoooler, and then the title of my post up above where I am typing right now. I am going to go on my phone and see if it looks any different.

InsaneCdn

nothing between that and where you type?

In between, I get an arrow and "Quick Reply" on the next line, then... a whole list of icons. B, I, U, etc.

Maybe the school computers filter out graphics?