Idea to help on Bad Days

susiestar

Roll With It
We all have bad days, for various reasons. But we all have funny things that our kids do, or sweet things, or whatever.

I have a kids sippy cup with lid that I write cute things my kids do, or nice things, on slips of paper and keep in there.

I think something like that might be useful for many of us.

I know one year when money was super tight we did the same for my mom, with things the kids said about her, or did with her on the slips. I think it was around the time of my bro's arrest and rehab. We wanted to send flowers or something but had so very little $$, we sent this. She still has it on the bedside table, years later.

What things have you done, or do you do to help on the really Bad Days?

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
On the really bad days............

I focus on the grandkids. Thank God they're still little enough to enjoy climbing up into Nana's lap for snuggles and kisses, to watch tv or to play. And almost always they'll wind up saying or doing something hillarious or adorable.

N

Nomad

Distraction. I like to read, go shopping (even window shopping is fine), get my nails done, call a friend, take a bath, watch TV and exercise.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Get out of the house if I can and go for a walk. Read. Snuggle with my pups. Go get my nails done. Bake. Call a friend to unload. Take a shower and pamper myself a bit.

F

flutterbee

I play with Abbey. That's always sure to change my mood around in about a minute and a half.

susiestar

Roll With It
We all seem to have some pretty great coping tools. I think the little notes help most in the dark of night when one kid or the other has just totally stunned me.

Susie

Sue C

You know, I don't have very good coping skills on bad days. But, I do like to look at the picture of my Dad (deceased) and Mom (81) that's on my desk and a picture of my dog that died a year ago. They all make me smile and feel warm inside.

I like your notes on paper idea, but I'm afraid there wouldn't be any to put in the cup. :(

sue

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
On really bad days (yesterday), I pick up a sketch pad & lose myself. I have to find a way to blow this place (figuratively speaking).

I've also had some more success with playing pieces of music that I've learned over a year ago - that is slowly coming back to me.

Susie, I've done the notes jar; we called it a hugs box. We'd use a cheap plastic box & fill it with love notes & "paper" hugs for the tweedles when they were feeling down at school. They'd have a pass to go to the SWs office & get a "hug" from mom & dad.

One of our more successful ideas.......

Maybe we need a CD Board "hug box"......:friendsforever:

Jena

we eat dessert for dinner, the kids are astounded by it. i once set up an entire buffet of well junk food..........it was so funny i made them go in their room and called them out when i was done. i decorated teh entire table.

they thought i had lost my mind for sure we had so much fun though. we really did. come to think of it i should do that again next weekend when their both home. granted we were sick from it, but it was worth it.. :)