Ideas for snapping out of the hole

BusynMember

Hi there, hon. Been a long time (thank you, medications) when I've felt THAT low, but I will never forget how it feels. Here are a few suggestions I have. You won't feel like doing any of them, but they may help you. I hope they do.

1/ EXERCISE!!!! Yes, it's the last thing you want to do when you are depressed, but it is soooooooooo worth it. I think, besides medications, one reason I haven't had a deep, dark clinical depression for years is because I force myself to work out for at least 45 minutes a least five days a week. You don't have to do that much, but any little bit helps. Exercise is known to boost mood. Plus it gets you up and busy.

2/I have a few self-help books that have helped me tons. My old stand by is "Feeling Good" by Dr. David Burns. It is about cognitive behavioral therapy. You can give yourself a therapy session anytime you want with this book and once you purchase it (it's very cheap) your sessions are FREE. I also really like Dialectal Behavioral Therapy. I think I like it more than CBT. There are several great books out about that. It teaches us to live in the moment and it really calms me down and keeps depression at bay when I feel like it may spill over.

Hope these help you. I understand that "black pit of despair." Many hugs!!!

by the way, guys, great idea abut the purple toes...teehee.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well - SOME GALS have that red hat society - (and if you would like a fantastic laugh - put me in a hat and get a gander-----laugh till you need depends)

Then our wonderful gal suggested mani/pedis - and purple toes one day - and I thought ------I can do that. I'm trying to go for interviews - so purple nails is a no no - but I'm just enough of a rebel for the toes - so I went to WM and got PURPLE and did my toes and it's like "Secret in a sock" .....It feels good, and sassy.....and young......and bold. And I can honestly say I've lost enough weight to bend over and paint mahhhhh own. lol