Idiots picked him up

DammitJanet

I have been trying all day to get the stupid revocation junk tended to and tonite here comes the dang cops to get him on the revocation warrant.

As if I hadnt been attempting to deal with this and it really IS their error.

Im sure they dont believe a word I say anymore either because when the cops showed up and asked if Cory was home, I said no. I had come home from therapy and took my dinner into my room and was watching tv. I didnt see or hear him come home. My room is on one end of the house and his room is on the other. Of course, Cory comes out while Im talking asking...who is at the door! They got him right then even though I was trying to tell them the whole story.

I will attempt to get this straight but supposedly he has two other warrants that should be served on him tonite while he is in jail. I think they are from the neighbor whose dog bite Keyana. Supposedly one is communicating threats and the other property damage. Communicating threats is a bs charge but supposedly it carries a 15K bond! Heck...I think I could kill someone or run a meth lab here and not have that high a bond.

Oh well...seems he has messed up or been messed up. No way we can attempt to post on the 15K. I also cant get up with his other bondsman on the stupid revocation.

DammitJanet

Well thank god I have anxiety medications. I cannot stand watching him in cuffs and leg irons. Its not like he is running anywhere. Watching him getting booked is hard. He looked so much like a larger version of when he was 6 and in the principals office.

Sigh.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, Janet. I'm so sorry you're having to go thru all this BS. Keeping fingers crossed and saying a prayer you'll have it straightened out by monday. Good grief. What idiots.

(((hugs)))

susiestar

Roll With It
Janet,

I am so sorry you have to go through all this turmoil and anguish. CALL ME if you need to talk. I will be up at 7 am.

Keep taking those anxiety medications, this is going to be another rough patch in the road.

hugs,

Susie

gottaloveem

Janet,
I'm so sorry that you have to go through this again. It broke my heart when you said he looked like a bigger version of when he was 6 and in the principles office.:sad-very:

Wish I could offer you more than hugs!

so sorry Janet.

Lia

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
So sorry Janet! I can only offer the cold comfort that the cops wouldn't have been able to 'change their minds' even if Cory hadn't shown himself. They had a warrent and that's all they can act on. Sadly, a mother's explanation carries no authority.

Your words broke my heart. No mother should ever have to watch her child be hand-cuffed. I had to watch that with my son several times. The leg-irons shattered my will, I simply couldn't bear it. My son had a history of being a runner, but I mean jeeze.

I hope you can get this snafu straightened out quickly. My prayers are with you and Cory.
:flower::warrior::flower:
Peace

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet,

I am there with you - hoping that you'll be here with me - whenever.

You're right about the drug thing vs. threat. When Dude was arrested for burglary the detective told us and I QUOTE "If he had killed someone he would get a lesser sentence in this state than he will for burglary"

Burglary at night- felony - life sentence
Killing someone any time of the day 2-life.

Makes no sense.
The carolinas make NO sense.

HUGS HUGE HUGE HUGS
(wanna start a drug lab so we can get bail money) I really REALLY ain't right.
You know that was a joke right?

DDD

Sending understanding thoughts and cyber hugs your way. It isn't just the Carolinas. The system is a mess and sadly the only people who care
are the ones who are part of it. DDD

DammitJanet

Well I went down to see his public defender. Yes its marked in the file that his next court date was to be 4/7. However the ADA decided to put him back on the calendar in Feb because she heard that his PD was going to be there on the 11th. Supposedly they sent him a letter dated 2/6/07 but I know for a fact we never got it. Of course that means nothing unless its returned by the post office.

(I will give you a little tidbit of info. Its easy for them to fake sending that letter out just to cover their behinds. When I worked for Social Services and made a mistake in sending a letter out for an appointment or info...I several times just made a letter, made a copy, and threw the original in the trash can. I dont trust that this isnt exactly what happened here.)

Now supposedly we can go into Superior Court with his lawyer on monday and attempt to argue this point but with no guarantees. They put him on a 10K secured bond because of his failure to appear which is bs. Like I told them, I check that calendar online twice a month and when I checked the last week or so of Jan he wasnt on it. I mean even if they sent typed the letter on the 6th, it probably wouldnt have gone out till the 7th...maybe. That was a thursday. If it even came here we probably wouldnt have got it till that monday...the 11th...and my mail runs in the afternoon. There was a weekend in there.

This is bogus. Because time was of the essence wouldnt you think someone would have called him?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

Somehow, I don't doubt your theory.

I hope the judge is familiar with the way things are "run" around there and gives Cory the benefit of the doubt on this one.

You might want to suggest to someone eventually that sending court notification dates via certified letter in the future would be a good idea. (you'd think someone would've thought of it by now) Then they'd have a signature if someone got the notice.

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. I know that here DHS does the copy/trash thing to cover themselves when they screw up and a family is on top of their game. been there done that.

But here, they can't mail by regular mail. The courts mail is certified, or at least everything we have gotten is. OR they ahve an officer deliver it.

I am sorry you have been caught in this mess.

Hugs,

Susie

I understand too. They handcuffed my son in my kitchen and he looked like a beat puppy. The principals office brings back memories too. I sometimes have a hard time knowing he is still in jail. Myonly other thought is that the PD is trying to get drug court , why I dont know, and it takes forever or we could bail him out take him to rehab - but what if he is not ready - my ministry man that has a grant and can get him into a Christian rehab is going to talk to him this weekend - I will try and go see him today - I havent heard from him in about 3 weeks - dont know what that meeans - hang tough.

scent of cedar

I don't know what to say.

I just wanted you to know I was here reading along too, I guess.

I'm so sorry this is happening.

Wouldn't you just KNOW Cory would come walking out to see who it was at the door right at that moment?!?

Cheesh.

Barbara