Idol Chit Chat

SRL

What did you think of last night? Country night has been my least favorite of the themes but this went better than expected.

Anoop--Of course, I'm happy my boy Anoop came through last night. :fan: I know he isn't the strongest vocalist of the group, but I just really like that kid. Making the cut and getting out on tour will hopefully give him the time to work out who he is as an artist that being a full time student didn't allow for. I don't know if he'll go anywhere, but he's got the chance now.

Matt G--I'm starting to think that he is vocally the most talented of the group. Something about him isn't connecting with me but if he steps up his game I could see him being right up there.

Adam--I thought I was traumatized by Kristy Lee Cook's countrified "Eight Days a Week" last year but his version of Ring of Fire was the strangest thing I've seen on the idol stage. I give him credit for having the guts to unapologetically be who he is up there but I don't think I'll be forking out for the itunes version any time soon.

Allison--I thought the rocker chick did great! I think it's going to be hard for any 16 year old girl to amass enough fans to keep her in the contest long but I'd really like to see her there.

Kris Allen--I'm totally not getting the vibe here. I favor ballad singers but every time he opens his mouth I feel like getting up and putting a load of towels in the dryer.

Scott and Lil--all their songs are sounding alike to me. How could Scott sound the same on MJ week as country week?

Danny--I like him well enough but between the song and the jacket mistake it wasn't his best.

Who'd you like? Hate? Think will go home? Do you think they'll send a girl home if she's the low vote getter and leave 7 guys, 3 girls on the tour?

Remember last week when I asked if they ever mentioned that the four they brought up as possible eliminations were stated to be the bottom 4? I checked and Ryan never did say that so I'm wondering if they aren't making decisions to get maximum audience reaction and not necessarily on vote totals. What caught my attention was that the voter message we got last week was generic (thanks for voting) and this week was specific (thanks for voting for contestant number ___). Don't know if this means anything at all but it would fit with the more manipulative idol we've seen so far this year.

Last edited:

Fran

Former desparate mom
SRL, I am the least musically inclined person around. I thought they all did a wonderful job.
Anoop finally stopped looking so geeky and got some passion and energy in himself and music. I was glad for him. I'm glad Simon acknowledged it.

Adam is a strange bird but I thought the whole "Ring Of Fire" sounded very sensuous and yeah, a little dangerous. Someone mentioned to me that he reminded them of Freddie Mercury which I think is a good analogy. Freddie definitely didn't fit the typical musician of his era.

I was impressed with Matt who up until now didn't do anything for me.

Danny Gorky looked horrid in that ice cream man outfit.

Lil is amazing even if they weren't impressed I was but then again I'm no judge of talent only in what I like.

Allison is terrific and really a cute 16yr old.

I can't really remember the rest which says a lot. I don't vote so I don't know how the system works.

DammitJanet

Well I am a huge country fan. I bet there is no shock there! Simon offends at least a quarter of the nation every time they have country week. Has he forgotten that a many of the former Idols that are doing quite well are doing it in the Country genre? I think that irritates him. Heck, they showed Carrie getting inducted into the Opry! and Kelly Clarkson toured with Reba last year.

Ok...rant over...lol.

My favorites last night were Micheal (of course). I love Garth Books. That was an amazing song and hard too. I liked both Danny and Matt doing the Carrie songs though I thought it a bit odd for guys to be doing her songs. Allison was good too. Adam just made me want to gag. That was horrible, sorry. Megan is getting old to me. Everything sounds the same and that little dance drives me nuts. LIL? I thought she really tried and I give her points for that.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH ........I see.......AMERICAN....Idol .....chit chat.

I was going to say - well......I (and then fill in my mundane life) but I see it now -

AnnMarieTN

I was right there with Simon when he said Randy was probably trying to say what the he11 was that!

That was the worst Ring of Fire I think I have ever heard. He has a great voice, but that was awful.

I'm still a Danny Gokey fan, although I didn't care for his jacket lol

Lothlorien

Adam really reminded me of Queensryche last night. It was kinda strange for mainstream, but I'm a child of the 80's and I like Queensryche in HS, so I actually got it.

Danny (Fran it's Gokey....but that was really funny, he did look Gorky last night)....I was right there with Kara...the beginning of the song wasn't good, but then he did well.

Anoop was very good. I was so glad that he did well last night. I agree with Fran...he didn't look so dorky last night. He actually looked really cute.

The only person that I thought didn't do well was Lil.....she sings great, but she was so way out of her element. Carrie sang that song on AI and did it really well. I know she'll continue to do well.

Despite that I think she's a mess, usually, the blonde with the big arm tatoo, did fairly well last night....even with the flu. She's still my least favorite, though. That stupid dance she does really screws up her singing. I wish she would just cut that out and sing.

SRL

OH ........I see.......AMERICAN....Idol .....chit chat.

I was going to say - well......I (and then fill in my mundane life) but I see it now -

Star, if you'd like to contribute some idol chit chat or even idle chit chat, by all means :Dfeel free!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I bought a winter coat today - on sale.......black leather with a hood and lined with fake mink....

It's 80 degrees here -

I wore it out of the store.

:tongue:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I was so relieved to see that they'd "undorked" Anoop a bit last night. Spiked his hair a bit, modern outfit. Loved his performance. :thumbsup:

Danny looked like an Elvis impersonator. :rofl:

I want Alexis' dress. She is gorgeous. I'm a fan of her singing, too.

I missed Michael.

Matt did a great job.

Allison was terrific, too.

Suz

DammitJanet

Suz....only you would fit in it...lol. I like her hair.

I wish you hadnt missed Micheal. They really beat him up bad. I was so mad! If I could have crawled through the tv it wouldnt have been a pretty sight...lol...they were mean to Micheal and then fawned all over Adam and that horrendous version of Ring of Fire...arghhhh. Made me want to hit Paula....lmao.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet, I'm hoping they'll recap Michael tonight. He's one of my favs, too.

As for Adam? :faint: His *creep factor* was off the charts for him last night.

Suz

deleted by Loth

Stands...I know this is new for you, being over here and all....but we wait until the following day to discuss who got booted, because of the time difference and to give everyone the chance to watch it. If they haven't seen it by the following day, then they know that we will be discussing who got the boot and can decide whether to peek or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

SRL

I now officially hate the new judges "save". It's not worth putting contestants through what Alexis went through last night or Jorge last week so they can keep one of their favorites one time in the season.

I'm sorry to see her go as I thought she brought talent and variety to the group. Didn't much care for the judge's constant prodding to dirty it up though. I would have much rather had her remain than Scott, Kris, Megan, and (sorry Janet I know you'll hate me ;)) Michael.

Lothlorien

Ditto, on "the save". in my humble opinion it is better called "the humiliator". :( DDD

Absolutely. I agree....I don't like it either. It's rotten enough that they make them sing again and go through this whole long hour of humiliation, but to do this to them, each week, is just mean.

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
I am sad. I loved Alexis Grace. I really didn't think she could win but would have been nice for her to be able to be on tour, she really deserved that.

I too hate the "save" thing. Talk about getting their hopes up only to be slammed down.

I think Megan should have been the one to go, I was a little shocked she wasn't in the bottom 3. Her "dancing" makes me embarrassed for her and yes she was sick but I thought she was not good last week too!

Anyways, my Danny is still going strong, even though he needs major help with his wardrobe,lol!!

DammitJanet

I know SRL....I could feel us dialing in competition...lol. I didnt think Alexis should have went last night either. It should have been Megan or even Scott, though I do like his piano playing.

My heart just about broke when Micheal told that story about his little girl asking him about why he wanted to be with all those people instead of home with her and how his voice just broke up when he said it. Oh what a good daddy. I know he isnt going to win but I just want him to get far enough to get on tour and get some kind of music contract so he never has to risk his life on those oil rigs again. Know what I mean?? Maybe its because I live with construction and all the risks.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I figured Michael was a goner last night when Ryan questioned him about his daughter. But nope- he dodged that bullet.

I'm sad about Alexis. I really liked her, too. :(

Suz