IEP and review/revision of BIP

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
I'm hoping this advocate we're hiring can make it to the meeting. difficult child attacked a teacher on Thurs, got suspended for 6 days. Sub teacher filed complaint, so we might have to face charges of assault too, but that's another story. she was handcuffed and literally carried to the squad car (mom and dad were too far away to get there before all this)

Anyway, she's got a history of biting staff. We put a BIP in place last year after the last incident. Her behavior in 6th grade (new school) has been fabulous up until the other day.

Any tips on what to expect? Any tips on items to add to the BIP? (it's pretty flimsy now) well, just ANYTHING would be helpful;) thanks!!

Sheila

I posted some behavior info regarding IEPs in another thread. I forget who I posted to, but the thread is within 2 or 3 of yours.

by the way, when requesting things like FBAs, evaluation, reevaluations, IEP meetings, etc., it is very important that it be done via Certified Mail. (The CM is your proof your request was received by the sd.)