IEP meeting tomorrow

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wee difficult child's next IEP meeting is tomorrow afternoon. Things are going very well and we will be looking to extend his school day to the full day.

He also would like to be dropped off like other kids at the curb and not walked to class each day. I would also like to see about getting him on the SpEd bus. For now, these are just "nice to haves"...

We have the results of the auditory processing testing to review. I am hoping the speech/language pathologist from OK will get the rough draft of her report to me today so I can take it.

I also want to point out that he is doing so well because of the group of people working with him and their willingness to back off when needed. Not sure how to do that, but it needs to be documented. He fell apart Thursday night and we all truly beleive it was because his "people" were mixed up...it just doesn't work for him. That needs to be noted, as well.

I have 24 hours to get ready and feel utterly lost. I don't have a real "goal" for this meeting...I'm enjoying things working for once...

Last edited:

klmno

It sounds like it should go well!! Remember- don't let them change ("fix") the parts that are working for him. I'm glad to hear that he has a reasonable request of his own so he's a part of this. Good luck!

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope it all goes well. You might ask the person from OK to fax the report or email it if they cannot otherwise get it to you. She should at least have some suggestions you can work with.

Glad things are going well!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You might ask the person from OK to fax the report or email it if they cannot otherwise get it to you. She should at least have some suggestions you can work with!

I called and asked her to fax it.

I've talked to her several times, and its certainly not done because she hasn't been working on it. From the way both she and the doctor talk, the report is pretty extensive.