IEPs are scheduled

Californiablonde

Both my kids' IEP's are taking place within the next few days. easy child's is tomorrow and difficult child's is next Tuesday. I really dread IEP's in general, especially when it comes to difficult child. All I ever hear about her is negative, negative, negative. She never comes to school, when she is here she refuses to do any work, gets straight F's. She is always whining and complaining, etc, etc. We are discussing putting her on temporary home teaching so hopefully all goes well. easy child's IEP will be much simpler. He is doing well and his grades are good. We are going to discuss getting him back with the school speech therapist and working on his social skills. His IEP's are usually a breeze, so I am anticipating all will go well. difficult child's, on the other hand, is a different story. Wish us luck!

InsaneCdn

Yes, it's easier when there is even a shred of positive to build on. For easy child... it's more than a shred. And when a student is obviously putting in effort (with or without results), resources are more likely to be assigned.

Trouble is... there are students who are putting in a huge effort, but it isn't obvious... and that is harder!!