If anyone tells you....

Star*

call 911........call 911
It has been my experience as a woman......that anything that boasts big balls will be fun for you? Is nothing but trouble.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I avoid those balls like the plague. Besides, I couldn't keep my balance on one to save my life.

I was glad to know that after being sick a week, which meant no work out for at least 7 days, that I could pretty much get right back to it. I was so proud...........Until I couldn't move the next day. Muscles locked up. It was not funny, downright painful. This morning I did only 20 mins on the elliptical, skipped the treadmill (the place was packed anyway), and did 30 mins of weight lifting. Trust me, I'm still feeling the burn. ugh I'm going to work back up to that 40 mins on the elliptical the way I did it last time.

This is why I won't do a class yet. I have to do this stuff at my own pace. A class would make me feel pressured to push myself too hard too fast. And trust me, I push myself hard enough as it is. When my normal routine gets to the point where I no longer have soreness, I might consider trying one of their classes, just to change it up a bit. But I'm 2 months in and still feeling the burn. So I'm going at it every day. Evidently this 3 times a wk junk is not giving my body time to adjust.

We've got a few who joined after us.........and some who just joined up last week. A few are at least my age, so I'm watching them. And a few are around easy child's age. The ones my age.......their first day they really went at it. I thought to myself, I certainly hope you're normally a fairly active person, cuz you're gonna not be able to move tomorrow if you're not. They didn't come back for a few days. I noticed they took it down several notches today. lol The younger ones aren't progressing much faster. So I don't feel too bad. easy child is a tad obsessed, so I don't count her. lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Stang, that sounds too much like a thing they call a "birthing ball"... Which means I'll keep my distance, TYVM.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Stang, honey, get the Biggest Loser workout videos.

I wasn't going to recommend them to you until I tried them personally, even though easy child has been raving about them for the past 2 months. I tried mine this morning because easy child was having a workout rest day and I wasn't feeling that darn elliptical today. Mine has at least 4 levels (you work your way up) with a warm up and cool down.

easy child is right. The videos are great. Encouraging dude doing the instruction (I don't watch the show but easy child tells me he's the one doing their training). You can do what you can do, like he says as long as you're moving it's great........and the moves will come with practice. I didn't start off very coordinated. lol But I did start getting the hang of it a few minutes in. I couldn't do exactly what they were doing, but I was mighty close on moves I had some issues with. And he has people doing it with him who are at different levels so you can watch them for variations.

30 mins and what a workout! I was sweating my fanny off, at least as much as I do at the gym. I'm tickled pink I could finish the video.......although there were moments I wanted to strangle him. :rofl:

Mine is the Cardio Max 6 week program for Maximum Weight Loss.

Couldn't get the stupid dvd player to cooperate this morning. Was determined I was working out............Nichole reminded me I could pop it into the computer instead. So, now, imagine me working out in my kitchen. :rofl: Yeah........bet it was a sight. *snicker*

I have a 2nd video but Nichole is borrowing it at the moment. She says it's kicking her butt. lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
I want the Brazillian Butt lift series. I'm serious. I just am not going to pay for it - and the librarian looked at me like I was nuts when I asked her if they had it. Of course she was downing her third hostess cupcake with a coke and had an abhorent look of disgust on her face as well.....but I said You've got to "MOVE IT MOVE IT" - and did a little dance - I thought she was going to slap me.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl: Star

I can so see that in my head. But cupcakes and coke?? ewwwwww!!!! Yuk!

Nichole's using my 2nd video. I can't remember the title. But it's literally kicking her butt, as in her fanny hurts so much when she's done walking is painful. Her husband was making fun of her because once she started she wasn't moving around too well and was muttering "ouch" under her breath alot. So she got sick of his laughing and teasing and made him try it............they came to visit the next day. I noticed he parked in a chair and didn't get up. lmao But now they're both using it. His mom is making him look bad. hehehehe

Thankfully I don't have tush issues, or hip issues or even thigh issues. Mine is all belly, and it's coming off one way or the other.

What's nice about trying the video..........is that I wanted something for the evening. I just don't like eating that big meal and it just sitting there until morning, and I don't do much housework after supper. So, now I can do this after supper and not feel like all that food is just sitting there adding weight to my middle. lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Star... I can so see that... Librarian, too. (Though the thought of a hostess cupcake and coke, together, makes me nauseous.)

InsaneCdn

I just don't like eating that big meal and it just sitting there until morning
Nobody ever said your big meal had to be supper. Seriously. Our bodies like it better if we have our biggest meal either for breakfast or for lunch. For most people, soup and a sandwich would make an excellent supper.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I know IC. I just can't eat a big breakfast as my appetite rarely kicks in until late afternoon. I've got all I can do to force myself to eat breakfast........and most of the time it winds up brunch, with me skipping lunch all together. So my big meal winds up in the evening. And if I don't eat a decent supper, I start craving snacks.

InsaneCdn

Ok,so could you PLAN for brunch... and make it a good-sized one. And then have supper earlier... and PLAN for healthy snacks?

H

HaoZi

I can just picture Star with those cartoon lemurs dancing around her singing "Move it move it!" in the library and scampering over the shelves.

DDD

When I joined my gym the asst. mgr. gave me a tour which included a big empty room full of balls. He didn't say "this is how you use the balls"...just "and we have this room for ball exercise". So far I have not seen one person in the room. I was thinking about it when I was chapped off the other day and thought hmmmmmmm instead of the stupid treadmill maybe I can go to that big room and just slam the balls into the empty walls. I wimped out, lol. on the other hand I may do it one day to ease my stress.

My exercise news of the week is ....... TA DA! On a whim I bought Juliana Howe's (DWTS) dance video.
I have always loved to dance and I had a WTH moment. Nobody is going to see the seventy something old lady dance......why Not? No answer came to my mind so I bought it. Of course, neurotic Ace will probably go nuts but I'm hoping to get into it. LOL DDD

witzend

I find that most people who tell me that some sort of exercise is "fun" and that I will "love it" are lying. ;)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL so true Witz. I've never known exercise to be fun.........I am enjoying the new energy it is giving me. But fun? Uh, no. Not unless it's swimming or rollerskating (which I haven't done in eons)