If anyone tells you....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My exercise news of the week is ....... TA DA! On a whim I bought Juliana Howe's (DWTS) dance video.
I have always loved to dance and I had a WTH moment. Nobody is going to see the seventy something old lady dance......why Not? No answer came to my mind so I bought it. Of course, neurotic Ace will probably go nuts but I'm hoping to get into it. LOL DDD

My exact thoughts with the workout videos. I can do them at home and no one can see me when I can't seem to get my moves coordinated Unlike the first time I stepped onto the treadmill and wanted to fall down after 5 mins or the elliptical when I'm gasping for air and walked funny after only 5 mins. lol

We have the balls too. I've seen ONE person use them in 2 months. easy child uses it to help her with situps. She swears it helps. I think it would kill me. I'll stick with the exercise machine that helps me do them tyvm.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL so true Witz. I've never known exercise to be fun.........I am enjoying the new energy it is giving me. But fun? Uh, no. Not unless it's swimming or rollerskating (which I haven't done in eons)
Exercise svcks rocks. I don't get new energy - I am then too tired to do anything I need to do.

Kind of like being pregnant, Know what I mean??

susiestar

Roll With It
I admire you. There is no way I would use a stability ball. I have to many problems with dizziness on a good day. I would be on the floor in an instant. This reminds me of the idiot sp ed teacher who replaced the one we loved. She demanded the school provide these chairs where the kids sit on this huge ball. THen she got mad because the kid threw the balls around. WTH was she expecting? What would any sane person expect someone with ODD to do with a huge ball?

I still ike the old Callanetics exercises. You only move a very small amt but you still see BIG changes and ti is harder work that you would think. I just wish our vhs still worked because I haven't found them on DVD when I could afford them,

My big problem is not the day after, it is 2-3 days after and my entire body locks up. That is so not fun and takes about a week to get things back to normal. Sigh. At least it is only a week though.

I admire your dedication! Be sure you are getting a balanced amt of protein in your diet!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Just so you all know - One of the NUMBER ONE - donated item to the Good will? Those big balls - and one of the NUMBER ONE item thrown away by Goodwill because they don't sell and taken away to the landfill by the dumpster companies? Those big blow up exercise balls. Not kidding in the least - I thought they would be fun for kids on the playgrounds or something - but thats a liability so in the dumpster they go.

Shows to go ya - no one wants to play with balls.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Anything that involves really big balls hurts for days...

(And I came back and read that when it posted and, well, that's NOT what I meant!!!)

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well Stang, if it makes you feel any better...........

I'm giving up on the elliptical. I know the motto is "no pain no gain" but when walking across the room is excruciating it's just not worth it. I've waited weeks for it to improve, I've even decreased the amount of time I spend on the thing. Doesn't help. I love the calorie burn, can't handle the pain. It's supposed to improve, it's not. And my legs don't need the work out in that way anyway.

So I'm back to the treadmill and weights / situp machine at the gym and I'll do my cardio video at home. I'll do the gym for about another month. It's costly and I'm tightening the belt even further thanks to our electric company doubling rates.

But no more knots in the thighs for me.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG I had to read your reply TWICE hound

I thought you said STIRRUP machine -

You said SIT UP machine.
:hi5:
NEED.MORE.CAFFEINE.