If I hear this one more time......

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Oh .....I have a winner -

Upon telling my boss that our "other" son had died. He said (and I quote)

BUMMER.

Star--

Do I understand correctly that your boss used the phrase "Bummer" as a response to the news of a death in the family not once...but twice??

Are you kidding me with this guy??

Isn't there some kind of "Sensitivity in the Workplace" seminar that he could be banished to?

YIKES!!

--DaisyF

Star*

call 911........call 911
Correct -

He said "My wife said your "other" son died, what happened?"

I said "He was in a car crash and got trapped in the car. It exploded and he burned."

He said "Bummer."

DazedandConfused

Oh .....I have a winner -

Upon telling my boss that our "other" son had died. He said (and I quote)

BUMMER.

If I hear bummer never again it could be too soon.

And like I like want to like talk to you like about your like son's like thing.

HOW OLD ARE YOU ANYWAY -

OH I like graduated early - but I'm 23.
(recent therapist at mental health)

Even DUde said -
Like how can she like help me like if she's like only like 4 years like older than like me..? and bobbed his head and pretended to flick his hair.

"bummer". I'm gobbsmacked. :faint:

As for the "like"...well, LIKE totally.

Daughter says "like" constantly! Just last week she was on the phone in the next room and I was in the kitchen (cleaning, of course!) and every time she said "like" I would say "DING!" .

Talking about ding! ding! ding! ding!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
OH, I have another one.... it has to do with staff at the different facilities

"There are just so many different things that the staff has to do that they can't do it all. "

Really because I thought the staff was there to do the stuff they were getting paid for. Any sort of excuse like that makes my head want to pop off.

Oh and the "Your the adoptive mom, right?" As if that makes a difference that I didn't give birth to the difficult children. I mean really I am The Mom.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Bummer. Well, that's a well thought out response. Glad he's getting paid the big bucks to say that. Dolt.

Abbey

crazymama30

I thought of one that really bothers me. "when do you get time for yourself?" Who says I get that every day? Do they think I have it scheduled? I have been known to get up at 4:30AM to get some quiet time. Time for me happens when I am in the car alone, or when I work out. Do not remind me of how crazy my life is, I LIVE IT!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I worked 8 hours
I managed to also get Dude to his dental appointment. to get his broken tooth fixed.
DF took my debit card out of my wallet for necessities never put it back
The ONE TIME I dont' eat lunch out of a bag and take my son out to eat? I have NO money. They reluctantly took a check.
I helped Dude with some things that were bothering him
I took him shopping for socks - where do they go? With the underpants!
I paid the bills on line
I fed the fish
I raked the yard
I dug up some irises to share
I reminded DF that the mailbox needed to be put up
I took the dogs for a walk
I took Dude home
I shopped for groceries
I put them in the car
I went back in and bought a can of cat food for a starving stray and put it out next to the dumpster
I drove home
I unloaded the groceries and put them up
I cooked
I cleaned up
I filled the dishwasher poweder canister
I packed my lunch
I emptied the fridge out of last years science projects
I swept the kitchen floor and shook out the rugs
I replaced the Swiffer pad and cleaner
I hung the mop out to dry
I took a shower
I did laundry
I walked/played with the dogs again
I vacuumed
I watered the plants
I fed the fish
I cleaned the bathroom

and I got the laundry in a basket and as I'm walking INTO the house with the third load DF SAYS ((((((DRUM ROLL))))

Did you need help with that honey?

Somewhere in middle SC there is a man wandering around sportin' a laundry basket as a helmet.

:tongue:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Star,

I started keeping a list of things I do as I was so tired of hearing 'you do nothing around here.' They don't notice that they have clean clothes all the time, a clean house, etc. Really annoys me.

Abbey

Marguerite

A really interesting line from a high school that we were trialling out for difficult child 3 - these people HAD to take difficult child 3 if I insisted, you could see for this particular principal it was brown trousers time at the thougt. So he spoke up and said, "I don't think this high school is going to be the best place for difficult child 3, with his special needs. He really should be with his own kind, somewhere more appropriate to his needs."

You should have seen the guy's face when I said, "There IS nowhere 'more appropriate' for his needs. This is it. You have no right of refusal or transfer."

It's like saying, "Why don't they all go back to where they came from?"

Actually, we've had a racist politician actually say this about Australian Aborigines - "They should all go back to where they came from and leave Australia for Australians."
Idiot. Lady - they were here first.

Marg