If one more thing stops working

Wiped Out

Staff member
at my house I will scream-oh wait-I already did that-grrr!

First, last Thursday our refrigerator stopped working. For a lot of reasons I couldn't get one until Tuesday (it is being delivered today). It actually started working again Friday night but then stopped again on Tuesday.

Then last night husband closed the garage door-it breaks and not a little break either! (Side note-my sister's garage door broke Tuesday-we do not live anywhere near each other.)

We can so not afford this but what are you going to do? We will deal but if one more thing breaks I am going to start to believe gremlins have entered the house (my cousin put this idea into my head-lol).

They say bad things come in threes. Hopefully the fact that when husband was driving home from MI on Sunday and there was a huge metal ladder in the middle of the interstate that he was unable to avoid counts as the 3rd thing (well actually 2nd since it happened Sunday). However, since miraculously, the van sustained no damage I am not sure that will count as one of the three!!

Ugh-please send positive thoughts my way that the gremlins have not moved in and/or that my house is not possessed. Seriously, I am ready to go crazy!! Did I mention that we are dealing with all of this now that we are back to work-could any of this have happened over the summer when we could easily have been home for deliveries!!!

Thanks for listening to this vent brought to you by one seriously wiped out person!

pasajes4

I am so sorry that you are sharing the same misfortune that I am experiencing. My dishwasher broke, my vaccum quit, and now I have a major water leak outside and the plumber can't come until tomorrow. I just love when the gremlins come to visit.

m

y

susiestar

Roll With It
(((((hugs)))))

Also sending healing vibes and "ENERGY without jitters, irritability, or other annoyances" vibes (yes, you CAN include difficult children, pcs, etc... in the 'other annoyances' - check page 357 of the manual, about 2/3 of the way down.)

The fridge quito n Fri, started again, then quit again. That is TWO which gives you your three. So hopefully that cycle is through.

DammitJanet

Maybe we can just combine all of our problems and they will come out to the rule of 3's!

My fridge also went on the blitz the other day. I obviously made the major mistake of deciding to clean it and the fridge part has never worked since. Well it is sorta cool but not like a fridge should be even if I turn the temp all the way to coldest. Freezer works fine...go figure.

I had to go out yesterday and buy a new one. I decided that this time I wasnt getting someone else's problem so I got approved for financing at a local furniture store. That surprised the pants off me to be honest. I was budget conscious enough to get a repo'd fridge...lol. It was 50% off the price of a brand new one. Hopefully this one lasts me. Its a whirlpool side by side. Stainless steel too but I actually would have rather had black because stainless holds fingerprints.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sorry to hear some of you are dealing with this as well. Not fun, that is for sure!! I'm so tired and I'm tired of having to eat out or get groceries after work to cook so nothing will spoil!

InsaneCdn

If your freezer is working, get a raft of artificial ice blocks... rotate a stack of frozen ice blocks at the TOP shelf of your fridge, and put food to keep cool, below it. I wouldn't do this for really sensitive stuff (like milk...), but... butter, veggies, fruit, solid cuts of beef... should all be fine.

(in other words, turn your fridge into an old fashioned ice box)

muttmeister

Sorry for all of your troubles. I'll send good vibes your way if you'll send some my way. My vacuum broke and I can only use the 3 inch wide brush on my hands and knees; my carpet shampooer had to be put in the trash; my computer quit and I am using a laptop that belongs to difficult child 1's girlfriend; and today my cell phone quit and I am not due for an upgrade for at least 3 months. What is it with all of us here? Maybe we could pool our problems and get a group discount or something. LOL

InsaneCdn

Maybe we could pool our problems and get a group discount or something.
Trouble is, we already seem to be getting a discount on problems...

The challenge is to get a discount on solutions!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Muttmeister-Definitely sending good vibes your way!

After this week, I definitely could stand to win the lottery!

Lothlorien

I soooo feel your pain. 1 1/2 months ago, difficult child broke the freezer door on my 7 year old refrig, the dishwasher had issues and the ignition switch on the oven went all in one week. After getting new fridge installed, within one week, the new fridge froze inside and had to have all the inside parts replaced. Nothing is made well these days.