If things don't change around here...

InsaneCdn

... I might have to quit the board.

Lets see...
1) The number of pregnancies around here is starting to get alarming - and the latest, are not even planned. There is NO way I can afford catch THAT wave, but it seems to be growing... How to avoid the overwhelming board juju on that one?

2) The number of job issues that are cropping up... some hinted at, some explicit... can't afford to catch that wave either - half of "us" isn't working already, if it were both of us...

3) There seems to have been a wave of nasty viruses floating around... thank goodness those don't transmit over the wires, but... maybe the risk of catching one can be transmitted?

<help>

(and no, it isn't that all the board news is negative.... its just that some days... Know what I mean??)

buddy

Well, you can just have no sex, load up on vitamins and anti oxidant (that looks funny to me, did I spell that right?) along with using good hand washing practices and as for work, well... Just be very very good. Maybe send your boss a certificate for something he/she likes??? LOL ... yeah bribing should work!

sorry to husband for the no sex thing but just until the juju is gone.

T

TeDo

Your title scared me a little......okay, breathing again.....good thing MOST juju is "aimed" in certain directions....stay out of the line of fire????

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL!!!

OK, sweets, MINE was planned (and planned and planned) and Hound's girls are under 30. LOL you're 31, right?

My husband has had his job for 4 months now. Keep in mind that most jobs in his line, right now, are 30-60 days. This one's better. So I'm sending that kind of juju your way too.

I can't catch any viruses, either, so I'm being careful, lots of vitamin C and fluids. Even if it means I do have to get up 3 times a night to pee.

:wink:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Careful with the vit C step, too much and it can build up in your system. Only take the daily recommended dose and your pre natals ought to cover that. Avoid crowds and wash your hands.....alot. Don't rely on that antiseptic hand wash stuff, it does nothing for viruses. Lots of good ol' hot water and soap.

IC I'm not sure pregnancy is contagious over the internet. lol I think you should be ok.

Viruses at least aren't. But same advice to you as for step for that. I've been a bit more anal about it this year and so far have caught only 1 bug and it wasn't bad. *knocks on wood*

Dunno what to tell you per the job. We were worried Nichole's husband wouldn't find one due to the present economic situation.......but due to his area of degree, and where he is located, that didn't prove to be a problem. He got the new job before leaving the first job. sister in law is waiting to hear from GE, who is hiring airline mechanics, pays outrageously well.....and he only knows about it because they've been slowly snatching up experienced mechanics from where he works currently.

buddy

Hound, that was so interesting so I wanted to look it up. I have always felt nothing replaces hand washing.....it makes me crazy that people have kids do a squirt of hand sanitizer on their way to lunch... it is an ok back up and certainly the less germs the better but I wanted to know just how much it helps so I looked it up.... I am sure different sources say slightly different things but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_washing#Hand_antisepticHand sanitizers containing a minimum of 60 to 95% alcohol are efficient germ killers. Alcohol rub sanitizers kill bacteria, multi-drug resistant bacteria (MRSA and VRE), tuberculosis, and some viruses (including HIV,herpes, RSV, rhinovirus, vaccinia, influenza, and hepatitis) and fungus. Alcohol rub sanitizers containing 70% alcohol kill 3.5 log[SUB]10[/SUB] (99.9%) of the bacteria on hands 30 seconds after application and 4 to 5 log[SUB]10[/SUB] (99.99 to 99.999%) of the bacteria on hands 1 minute after application.[SUP][12][/SUP]
Hand sanitizers are most effective against bacteria and less effective against some viruses. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are almost entirely ineffective against norovirus or Norwalk type viruses, the most common cause of contagious gastroenteritis.
The CDC recommends hand washing over hand sanitzer rubs, particularly when hands are visibly dirty.[SUP][13][/SUP]

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - I don't take ANY extra vitamins. I figure the docs who Rx'd me these knew what they were doing.

As for antibacterial stuff, yay. Hot water, soap, scrub well, rinse well, dry well. I'm not spending extra for the antibacterial stuff unless it says "STERIS" on the side and is actually from the hospital supplier...

Hand sanitizer - nice when you need it (port a potties come to mind)... But... it doesn't get rid of DIRT.

InsaneCdn

Hand sanitizer - nice when you need it (port a potties come to mind)... But... it doesn't get rid of DIRT.

Hand sanitizer is really effective... on hands that are basically "clean". So... in a hospital setting, where you start out clean and then "touch up" with sanitizer as you go from room to room, it makes a big difference. Kids using sanitizer instead of hand-wash before lunch? UGH!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I may be wrong, but many of the hospital hand sanitizers are based in alcohol, which do take care of many viruses. BUT even they still recommend hand washing as much as possible because they're beginning to discover that the hand sanitizers are really good, they don't always do the trick. They're recommended when you've not really done any "dirty" patient care......like say you went in to give a shot or do vitals ect as opposed to changing a dressing or whatnot. Those sanitizers are really tough on the skin too after just a short while.

in my opinion these sanitizers have made people lazy, including medication professionals and docs are worse than most. First time through nursing school I was taught the old way, wash wash wash wash then wash again. It was so drummed into my head, that I'm still that way. I won't use those sanitizers in a medical setting.....unless forced to do so, and sometimes I was because there was no other way to wash!! Stupid facility removed it! (now how dumb is that??) I've had people get irritated with me for doing so saying I was slowing down routine. I am? So what? At least I'm not cross contaminating my patients. ugh

crazymama30

I'll stick around, I had a tubal 2yrs ago, plus sex? What is sex? lol

I am the only one who can do my job, all aspects of it anyways. When I am gone? It takes 2 people to replace me, and they still do not get everything done due to my knowledge of the computer programs we use.

As for the virus? There is just no way to be rid of that,que sera sera, what will be, will be.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well - here's MY advice -

Keep your legs crossed
Your nose down
And get a flu shot. :flirtysmile3:

Love ya -

tiredmommy

I gotta tell you... Duckie lives by hand sanitizer. She was very upset when she started school last year (4th grade) because her class didn't have a sink. She has the same classroom for 5th grade since the class looped grades 4 to 5 with the same teacher. She washes in the bathroom when she's able but keeps sanitizer on her desk. A little Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), anyone? :winks:

What's really funny is that a local hospital sent a team over to the school to teach the kids about proper hand washing technique when Duckie was a kindergartner. The first thing they did was cover the kids' hands in some sort of gel or goo then stick them under a black light to show the kids all the germs on their hands. Duckie's hands were perfectly clean. :hammer:

Then, this year, they were trying to grow bacteria from their hands in science club. Duckie's experiment failed miserably. :rofl:

tiredmommy

Uh no.... we encouraged her to wash hands at appropriate times but no one expects hands to be perfectly clean all the time. Except Duckie... and maybe her teacher, who is also a germophobe. She has consistently received perfect marks in personal hygiene, lol!

buddy

I'll stick around, I had a tubal 2yrs ago, plus sex? What is sex? lol

I am the only one who can do my job, all aspects of it anyways. When I am gone? It takes 2 people to replace me, and they still do not get everything done due to my knowledge of the computer programs we use.

As for the virus? There is just no way to be rid of that,que sera sera, what will be, will be.

OMGosh, this lady who brings her "oops" baby (he is 12) to therapy at the same time as Q told me that all her other kids are grown and out of the house. Her hubby had a vasectomy and 8 years later... she was pregnant!

Now, if I got pregnant, then this board would have some worries..... unless there is an immaculate kind of thing going on....I dont think I would be as gracious as Mary was.