If you all would keep a good thought....

house of cards

Sending prayers for quick healing. If it is any comfort, my mom had shingles twice, she hasn't had it for over twenty years now so...hopefully twice is the limit. Sorry you are going thru it again.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you all ~ I'm up & moving about. Have already talked to my neuro doctor - he wants to wait until tomorrow to determine if hospitalization will be required. He's concerned about the holiday weekend & staff on hand. ????

GP has been informed & will work me in tomorrow to check the spreading rash though in my humble opinion it's slowing down. My next call was to my opthamologist; he's going to move appts about tomorrow to get me in to check out my eyes as there are blisters about my left eye.

I'm well medicated - still feeling the pain but hardly care. Watching the snow fall between phone calls & napping.

I appreciate all the good thoughts & prayers. Deep down I feel like we've caught this early enough; I'm praying this is the case. I've been told what to look for that would cause a trip to ER before tomorrow.

Don't think it will happen. Neuro doctor & GP will put heads together tomorrow to determine if I need a night in the hospital on IV drip of anti virals. Nip this thing in the bud, so to speak.

I can always count on my friends, family here to understand & support - I appreciate the shoulder. Hope to return the same soon.

pepperidge

Linda-

Thanks for the update. We're concerned about you. Sounds like there is room for some cautious optimism and that they may have blasted this thing early enough.

Sending good and healing thoughts your way.
P.

Linda,

Thanks so much for the update. My thoughts and prayers are with you, along with many healing , positive vibes. There is no convenient time to be sick...

Valerie

Lothlorien

That really stinks! 2010 has to be a good year for you. It just has to be!

Will keep you in my prayers that you will recover quickly.

busywend

Oh Linda, I am so sorry this has flared up. I recall vividly when DF had it almost 2 years ago. I am glad the pain is not too bad. Catching it early is the key.

Sending many prayers for your speedy recovery. I am praying for no lasting effects.

tiredmommy

Thanks for the update but I'll still be sending lots of prayers and gentle {{{hugs}}} your way. Keep us in the loop...

trinityroyal

Sorry I'm so late to this. Linda, it does sound like you and the docs have caught this early enough. Saying prayers and sending healing thoughts your way.

Trinity