If you could see me now...

Abbey

Spork Queen
...you would die laughing. I'm serious. Deadly.

MIL1 took me out shopping today for winter clothes. I'm sitting here, as I type with one hand, looking like a die hard Eskimo. I have boots that go up to my knees, a nice fluffy parka, and a hat that is a scream. This hat covers 99% of my entire head. And, I'm wearing it all in my house.

You just wait Mr. Bus Driver. You've mocked me for weeks about the cold. I think now I could go sleep in the street on a windy Nov. night. Just don't run me over. Please.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
You had better learn how to take a photo from the mirror or get a tripod!!!

It is 85 here!

KTMom91

I seem to remember reading that you're the original flip flop girl...how do you wear flip flops AND fuzzy boots? I need a picture!

Abbey

Spork Queen
No, it's not Susie's cat...I think. (Do I hear purring?) I did take a picture but it's on my cell and I'm cell phone challenged as far as how to get it off there.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
Hey, no fair stealing my cat for a hat? Who are you? Dr. Seuss?

I am glad you have warm winter clothes. It is so important up there. I remember when my bff from growing up moved to Madison. That first year was TOTAL shock to her system. She had a Miata Convertible and had to sell it because she could only drive it 3 mos of the year - it never got warm inside, AND it was just not do-able on all the ice.

Take care, dress in layers, keep a spare blanket or 2 in the car, a bag of kitty litter in the trunk (adds weight and is helpful to provide traction if you get stuck), and extra water should go out with you EVERY time. Also, keep gloves AND mittens in the car. You can layer the mittens over the gloves and it really helps if you get stuck and have to walk.

many hugs for my Eskimo friend.

And STOP STEALING MY CAT!!! (You can have Six Dinner Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) if you want, but he stinks and he sprays everything. I really think he would be a bad hat cat.)

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Glad you got some warm stuff. So important when you live in the land of the cold. I wear my hood and fingerless gloves (they have mittens that come over the top if I want) in the house all the time. But that has to do with the fact that we just can't afford to keep the house warmer than it is. Keep warm.

hmmmm cats in hats. I know no one that would be interested in that. Oh wait.

beth

Abbey

Spork Queen
And STOP STEALING MY CAT!!! (You can have Six Dinner Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) if you want, but he stinks and he sprays everything. I really think he would be a bad hat cat.)

I love coming here. Nothing like being heckled. I haven't felt any 'spray' yet, so Six Dinner Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) is safe for the time being. Now the dachsund next door is looking really nice with a bit of saurkraut, ketchup and a warm bun. Here, puppy...come on...

Yes, I know. Corner time.

(Yes, I know I spelled several words wrong. Too lazy to go back and fix.)

Abbey

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I just gave my doxies a pat for that one. Sniff, sniff. Good thing we know you are a veggie person. Hmph..stay in that corner young lady.

beth

mstang67chic

Going Green
*snicker* Welcome to winter Abbey! hee hee hee hee

As for the picture....easy peasy. Send it as you would if you were sending it to another phone but type in your email addy instead. Once it's in your email...download it to your computer and then add it to photo bucket.

M

ML

You sound adorable! Layers are definitely the way of winter. Denver isn't so bad but we can go from zero to 70 in a matter of days so layers work well. Keep warm!

Abbey

Spork Queen
This is vexing me. Stang, when I bring up the image and try to send, it only sends it to a phone number, not an email. THAT I could handle. I don't need to send it back to my same garl down phone.

Geez. Where is a teen when you need them?

Abbey

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hope we are able to see the picture! Glad you have some warm clothes-unfortunately, it will be needed!

Star*

call 911........call 911
HERE - just hand ME the phone - pft.......

I am proud to say I got my own TracFone now - and I'll be getting a microwave soon. Where ARE all the know it all teens when you need them?

susiestar

Roll With It
The know it all teens are hiding because they are afraid Abbey will make them wear stinky cats for hats.

Glad six Dinner Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) is working out as a hat. He sure is a pill for a neighbor - he is in love with me and CONSTANTLY sprays the wall under my bedroom window - so I can't open that one because I get inundated with the stink.

EEEUUUUWWW!

Enjoy him Abbey!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Warm is always in fashion.

Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) Spray? Not so much.

Oh, and toss some bleach in the trunk if you have ice.

'Chelle

Now why would I laugh at what you're wearing? People around here dress like that all the time post-Hallowe'en. I don't get it :tongue:

Hey, you'll love the hat and boots when the temp falls to -25 or below, and don't forget to add (or subtract) windchill to that too. You didn't mention the mitts - get mitts not gloves, they keep your hands warmer ;)

4sumrzn

My teen is at basketball or I could ask him...I'm sure he would give the "know it all answer" & it still may not work ;) I wanna see these new cozies you have...I may need to invest in something warmer myself. My layers aren't working for me anymore...is that because I'm getting older!? If the new warmers are working....I'm jealous!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ah, tried it again...no success. Daughter is coming next week. She'll figure it out in 10 seconds.

I will have to say that the new hat and boots were very handy today. I think we're in the single digits.

Abbey