If you disagree with IEP

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
Thanks MidwestMom. I completely agree with what you have said. The advocates we have here in WA are not with the school district. They are from PAVE. My experience having them with me is that it was no different than bringing my mom or friend along. No fear from the SD. I have looked at the dept of ed website for WA and it looks like I can file a citizens complaint. They will investigate within 2 months. If they find the SD is in violation they will give them a certain amount of time to correct the violation. That doesn't even seem harsh enough for the crap they have put us through. Maybe I am missing something. Maybe there is someone there I can call and just talk to. I will look some more today.

Thanks! I agree something different has to be done.

Last edited:

BusynMember

Call them. That's how I did it. And ask to talk to the person in charge of Special Needs.

An advocate who is passive is useless. Mine had a rep...her own daughter had cerebral palsy and she was a woman on a mission and she still is. Her daughter, who is deaf and was once almost like a baby is doing REALLY well now and knows sign language and volunteers. She can't walk, but she's good with that wheel chair.

An advocate that just sits there is pointless, agree.