If you take antidepressants please don't skip doses!!!

BusynMember

Just a reminder. It's so easy to skip a dose. I am very good about not skipping one, but I fell asleep early a few days ago and when I woke up I couldn't remember if I'd taken my pill or not so I didn't. The next day I was a monster, including feeling suicidal (thus my post about suicide). Thinking I actually may be that way because I could have skipped my dose, I took a half a dose that morning. It makes me too tired to take the whole thing in the morning plus I didn't want to throw my body off too much.

I am doing much, MUCH better now, but I'm shocked at how much missing one dose affected me. Please, please if you take antidepressants, DON'T SKIP A DOSE! I also take Clonazapan as needed and can go a few days without that and have no bad effects. Antidepressants are different.

If you NEED them to stablize your mood and keep you functional, as I do, take them as you should. Jeeeeeeeeeeez. Take good care of yourself, eat well, sleep well, take any medications you need...you are worth it. Your mental health is as important as your blood pressure. I know a lot of us suffer from various degrees of mood disorders....

Well, that's it :) Have a great day!

InsaneCdn

The only way I can manage medications is to use a 7-day pill sorter. It means all of one day's pills are in one place. I check it before I go to bed, to make sure it's empty. it's the only way I know for sure that everything is done. Taking your doses directly out of the pill bottle is not a good idea for anyone - risk of missing a dose, but also risk of doubling up.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I use a sorter as well - that way I can also set up vitamins, etc.

This way, the only things I forget are my calcium and vitamins B6 and B12 which I take in the morning... And I only forget them randomly.

BusynMember

I only take the one pill at night and a thyroid pill in the morning, which I sometimes forget, but it doesn't make me emotionally unstable if I do skip it.

I'll have to get a sorter and put a Paroxatene in for every day of the week. That way I'll remember if I took it or not...lol. Thanks for the advice. Believe it or not, I never thought of it!

InsaneCdn

ROFL... I just counted the number of pill sorters on our table right now... seven. For four people. (2 x 1 ea, 1 x 2 for am and pm, and 1 x 3 for am, noon, and pm)

Yes, I feel like a pharmacist when I load them all at the end of the week... yours sounds really easy!

dstc_99

I might have been stupid and decided when my last bottle of Celexa ran out that I wasn't going to take it anymore. It has a side effect I wasn't real happy with and I thought I would see how much of a change there was. I didn't wean off them because I was out of refills and had to wait for the doctor to call them in anyway. That takes 3 days.

UM Yeah I was a total witch. I couldn't sleep. I had night sweats. I was agitated. I looked like the walking dead. Litterally my body felt like it was running on electricity. Weird.

I started them back at the end of last week and my family is very happy about it! LMAO

BusynMember

dstc, Jumper asked me if I was possessed...lolol.

Of course, I really feel badly now, but Jumper and husband understand about the medications. BOY DO THEY UNDERSTAND NOW...lolol.

dstc_99

dstc, Jumper asked me if I was possessed...lolol.

Pretty sure I was for a few days! I picked husband and mother in law up at the airport and husband looked at me and asked if I was ok. He said I looked like :censored2: and he hoped I hadn't scared the guys at work. Sad part is agreed with him. I looked like death.

BusynMember

Now Jumper and me have a new joke.

"If you don't do what I say, I'm going to skip my medication."

She'll get all round-eyed and say, "ANYTHING BUT THAT! WHAT SHOULD I DO FIRST?"

I'm so good at remembering to take my medications that she had never seen me that way before.

Last night when she got home, she asked, "Mom, did you remember?"

I said, "Naw. I don't think I"m going to take it."

We both laughed.

At least it created a new family joke between the two of us.

I don't think my husband thinks it's quite as amusing, but I think he felt sorry for my one bad day because he gave me a nice Christmas present early. He's not used to seeing me like that either.