If you use a lot of Double A batteries - updated

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Well, I read further, and apparently you get 4 D size batteries (shoulda checked it before posting...sorry)..

It should have seemed like too good to be true..

Marcie

Star*

call 911........call 911
To Kat

Didn't know whether to say :bravo:

OR

:smile:

...you must watch a LOT of TV :its_all_good:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
husband said that other things are like that. He has taken things apart with the rechargable batteries (razors...) and replaced them even though most people would just throw it away when they stop recharging. The ones with the built in rechargeables. Lots of things are like that evidentally. Why he didn't speak up sooner.

Beth

witzend

Did you read some of the other stuff? Like how to use your power supply cord as a USB data storage, or how to pick a lock? I'm using my alarm system every time I leave the house I swear to goodness!

This is scary stuff!

susiestar

Roll With It
I still want to try it. Will now have to try several different brands!! Just to see what each has. After payday, of course.

I used to work in a shop that repaired electric razors, and appliances by sunbeam, norelco, and braun. It is amazing what you can do with them when you are bored.

My camera takes a special very very expensive rechargeable battery, or 2 double A batteries. Guess which I buy? If you guessed the expensive one, try again!!

I did find that the monster rechargeable batteries were not worth the $$$. They didn't last longer than the photo batteries.

Susie

Pam R

MY husband bought a Rayovac Heavy Duty 6 volt today, the one with the blue label with a red lightning bolt vertical on it.

It contained 4 D cell size batteries, BUT!! they were very long, and will NOT fit into anything requiring D cells.

So Rayovac HD is NOT a source.

Pam R.

Here's a site that sells all sizes and brands of batteries for very cheap. They have AA's for as little as $0.08 ea (US) (non-alkaline) or $0.23 ea for Duracell alkaline (made in China; $0.28 for made in USA) batteries. You have to buy several thousand to get them that low but you can get consumer-size lots at, e.g., $0.40 each for the US-made Duracell alkaline AAs.

This site was linked to by a blog I looked at that did an investigation into the "32 AAs from one 6V lantern battery" claim. Apparently it is theoretically possible to link 8 AAs in parallel to make a 1.5V cell and then link 4 of these in series to get a 6V battery; and 32 would fit into the 6V case in two 4X4 layers. However nobody seems to have located a brand of 6V that actually does this. Even if you could locate one it would not be any more cost effective and a lot more effort than ordering from the website.

on the other hand I have no idea how reliable this site is. Caveat emptor.

cheapbatteries.com

(PS I'm not a conspiracy buff but I wonder if battery manufacturers loosed this viral video on the Internet to pump up sales of 6V lantern batteries!)