Illinois Residents

JJJ

If you haven't heard, the state legislature has cut nearly all funding for mental health, developmental disabilities, and other human services. Nearly ALL. Cuts go into effect in 12 days.

PLEASE contact your state senators and state representatives TODAY and ask that they restore the draconian cuts they made to human services. We cannot balance the budget on the backs of our disabled and mentally ill children. Visit www.votesmart.org to find out your local legislators. Please let them know that you have children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews that desperately need the services and that you support an income tax increase to continue funding human services.

For those of you not from Illinois, if you have friends or relatives in Illinois, please ask them to do this.

We need to flood the state senators and reps with contacts. It only takes a few minutes.

Thanks,

judi

I live in IL and know full well about the budget cuts for the mentally ill. I live in central IL and since 2001 we have sustained cuts that have virtually wiped out help for the mentally ill.

It is pathetic though because its the mentally ill that are the invisible part of our society. Few of them work, few have relationships where someone would seek help for them. Unless they are arrested, they do not have a paper trail.

I don't have great answers. I know that society thinks as long as we don't see the mentally ill, things must be okay.