I'm a Grandma ! difficult child is a Dad !

Ephchap

Just wanted to share the wonderful news with my CD Family. As of yesterday, I am a grandma ! I still can't get over it.

My grandson arrived yesterday after a rocky week of medical ups and downs with his mom. Her blood pressure has been out of control for over a week and preclampsia and toxemia were scary concerns. They had her come to the hospital on Friday for more testing and they ended up keeping her. They spent the rest of Friday trying to stabilize her and began the pitosin early yesterday morning to start labor. The doctor said that they couldn't wait any longer.

My grandson is just as cute as cute can be (said like a proud grandma:D). He weighed in at 6.45 pounds and is a lanky 22 inches long with dark blonde wavy hair. He's a precious little peanut !

difficult child was amazing in the labor and delivery room (yes, I got to be in the delivery room!). His love and concern for his fiance (they had actually bought rings the week before and had planned on being married before the birth, but my grandson was too eager to make his appearance! lol) was so apparent. When his son made his appearance, my son was absolutely beaming.

Baby is doing well; mom is still not stabilized. Her BiPolar (BP) is still high and they will keep her at least another day or two while they try to get that under control.

I'd truly appreciate good thoughts being sent her way.

Grammy Deb :laughing:

Nancy

Wow Deb, congratulations! He sound sprecious and you sound like a very proud Grandma. Sounds like we have some catchig up to do. Glad things are going well with difficult child. It sounds like he is becoming a man.

Nancy

Jena

what a nice thing to share on a sunday morning with all of us.

congratulations to you and your family!!!

being the grandma's going to be fun........:)

wishing you and baby and family all the best

Jen

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Huge congrats to the whole family! And welcome to the grandma club!:cheers::happyguy:

Getting to be in the delivery room while your grandchild enters the world is a truely wonderful experience. I'm so glad you were able to share his birth with your son and his fiance.

Hugs

DammitJanet

Welcome to the Grandma Club! He sounds adorable.

Now you can figure out why all us other members of the Club go nuts over every little thing those babies do...lol. I swear grandkids are better than kids!

DDD

Sending smiles, warm thoughts and prayers of thanksgiving up your way, my friend. I am thrilled for you all and truly hope that the new Mommy will be stabilized pronto. Congrats! DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
Congratulations, Deb, to you and your difficult child and his new family.

I'll keep a good thought that your soon to be daughter in law is stabilized quickly and gets to enjoy being a new mom!

~Kathy

Wiped Out

Staff member
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for your difficult child and your entire family! Praying daughter in law is stabilized soon.

Star*

call 911........call 911
CONGRATULATIONS GRAMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you - your excitement in your post is off the charts. I'm very happy for my cyber sissy!

Hugs
Love
Star

Aw Deb,

Congratulations! What a wonderful special day. Kiss that baby from all his board great-aunties. (Like anyone could get him away from you...)