I'm a stray magnet

mstang67chic

Going Green
HOW does this happen?? LOL

I walk out the door this morning and there is this little dog out front. He's barking at the cats on my porch (also strays...I feed them). I can see that he has a collar on so I call him over. He hesitated for a short time but then came over and was very friendly. I went to get in my car....so did he. Just hopped right on in. I got him out, got in, backed out and started down the street. I heard barking so looked in my rear view mirror. This dog was just TEARING down the street after me, barking all the while. *sigh* I stopped at the end of the street, opened the door and let him in. Drove around the block while calling husband so he could throw some clothes on and come get this super hyper dog out of my car. OMG....he (the dog) was EVERYWHERE! LOL On my lap, on the passenger seat, in the back seat, in the back WINDOW! husband was off today and so far, no luck on finding the owners. I THINK I know who he belongs to but they aren't home. Plus, they aren't the best fuzzbutt parents. Not to the extent of doctor's former keepers but still not that great.

I'm not sure what kind of dog he is but there is obviously some sort of terrier in him. I'm also guessing, by the baying coming from my back yard at the moment, possibly some beagle. Apparently, he was out since yesterday sometime as all the neighbors have reported seeing him in their yards overnight and, in one case, on a "date" with one of the neighbor's dogs. ahem.

I hope I can find his owners. He's very friendly but so hyper and will require a lot of work if we keep him. And we just aren't home enough for that task.

Here he is. Any takers if needed? ( I tried to get a picture of his face too but he won't stand still long enough)

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/0409091805.jpg

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I can't see his face to be sure but he looks more beagle than terrior. Of course...that could be the picture too. Beagles can be awfully hyper, especially if they don't get much exercise. We owned a wonderful one years ago.

Maybe his "date" is the reason he got loose? It's the only reason Rowdy leaves the yard these days. I never bother to chase him, he always comes home on his own a few minutes later. (if I chase him it becomes an hour long "game" )

There is a pathetic stray cat over at mother in law's. And I mean pathetic. Scrawny and scraggly. Will lavish you with affection at the slightest indication your interested. But I haven't had the opportunity to just pick him up and bring him back to the house with me....I'm always at a dead run for mother in law. Really breaks my heart to look at this guy. :(

Hope you find your new stray's owners. Nichole and I are also stray magnets. They know who to come to.........I think there is a Stray hotline animals use to communicate amongst each other. LOL

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Looks like he has smooth coated fox terrier in him or maybe Jack Russell, and a bit o' beagle ;)

Hopefully the owners will be home soon!

Jena

hi

oh you had me laughing, and i haven't been laughing much today lol. i could see you in the car with this dog jumping all over the place, weak thanks for the laugh.

hes adorable, i wish i could but we cant' have dogs here i've already tried

i wish you luck finding his owners

mstang67chic

Going Green
Well I don't know about when he's home but he's gotten plenty of exercise the last couple of days! LOL Plus, my backyard is fenced AND large so he's got plenty of room to run until we find his home. I went out a bit ago to check on him and check his food/water. He is starved for attention and will just press up against you while you pet and talk to him. The second you slow down or stop he starts jumping up. I have a covered porch area and there is a decent size pet crate out there with a blanket in it. I got him to go inside so he at least knows the blanket is there.

husband said he had him in the house today but the little guy peed on the floor and was attempting a date with Cloe.

mstang67chic

Going Green
LOL I know. But...neither of them are fixed. It hasn't been much of an issue with Cloe since she's the only dog at the moment. Even back before we put Taz down....he was fixed although he still gave it the ol' college try.

KTMom91

The side view looks like my Jack Russell...just substitute brown for black, long tail and all.

The strays have our number, too. Apparently we're keeping the three little kittens, to add to the four others, the rat, and my Jack. Every single one is either "pound or found."

donna723

Well, from one "stray magnet" to another ...

Can't see the face real well, but he looks like a Jack Russell to me, which would account for the hyperness and the barking. My brother had three of them. They would tree a squirrel in the back yard and bark for hours until they were hoarse and couldn't bark any more (which was not a bad thing!).

I hope you can find his owners. If they had gotten him neutered he would not be so anxious to 'make new friends' and might stay home where he belongs! They don't sound like very responsible owners to me. I don't have a fenced yard so mine only go out on leashes. But if one of my girls were missing, I would be out looking for them and wouldn't stop until I found them!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG WHY DO I LOOK???????

I AM AN IDIOT THAT"S WHY -

A STONE COLD = I rescue SPIDERS - and have no earthly reason to look at a stray dog IDIDOT....

NOOOOOOOO I WILL NOT

DF said he's going to put DOGBGONE on our property lines and develop a big scary face to scare away any more beggers.....

He looks like a little pootie......Jack russel and beagle most likely.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I can't look either...but I did. hehehe. Yep, Jack Russell to me....where's Marcie Mac? ;)

Suz

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I don't see any Beagle there cept maybe for the tail but then again I have never seen a JR with a long tail. He definately has a lot of Jack Russell in him - I didn't even need to see a photo - just the description of the jumping LOL

Unfortunately, they have an attention span akin to a piece of lint and are hard to train. I still think they are the #1 dog breed most likely to be hit by a car. Mine is 9 and has NOT lost any of her energy, and we dare not let her outside without a leash. If she does get out, only way we can catch her is to run and turn on the sprinklers really fast - she tears back down the street as she loves to attack them.

She is, as I type, barking and trying to climb up a large 4 drawer file cabinet so she can get at the parrot.

They definately have an energy unequaled - I think he should be a keeper :)

Marcie

mstang67chic

Going Green
I've seen this dog lay down once. Once. And that was only for a split second before he saw me through the window when I peeked out to check on him. Other than that, he's in constant motion!!!

He fetches sticks in a single bound AND brings them back! I was pretty proud! LOL

husband had picked out a doggie stocking for Cloe at Christmas with all kinds of toys. She had almost no interest. I grabbed one on a whim this evening and took it out to the little dog. Showed it to him, squeezed it to demonstrate the squeeky....O....M.....G!!!! This dog QUIVERED!!!! That was about 15 minutes ago. I'm half scared to go look....there very well could be stuffing all over the yard. He went NUTS with this thing!! It was soooooooo funny!!!

I just went and peeked out at him. Poor little guy...he's all curled up on the blanket inside the pet crate. It's one of those solid plastic ones with vent holes and he's just curled up. Looks so pathetic. I would let him stay in the house but Cloe isn't too sure about him, the cat HATES him and he alternately barks at and runs from the cat. I just don't want to wake up in the middle of the night to a "I'M the top dog around here and you are goo" argument between Cloe and this little guy. She could eat him if she wanted to and not even need a napkin. We let him in for periods when we are home so one of us can give attention to him and one can reassure Cloe.

I checked what I think is his house when I came home. Still no sign of the people. I haven't seen them all week. *sigh*

donna723

Is there a way to put something over the crate to keep the wind out? Something that he wouldn't be able to pull off and destroy? Never mind ... :D

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. I too should never look. I can't tell you how many times I get sucked into the could you take them for just a little while. My definition and other peoples definition of a little while aren't the same. We are finally down to three cats and three dogs and one guinea pig. Plus of course I started putting food outside for the stray cats (can you say moron) as there are so many and the shelter won't pick them up anymore. I have a little poodle that is hyper enough. I don't think I could do a hyper breed again. I have been known to move heaven and earth when my animals are missing. Could it be that someone was supposed to be dog sitting and he got away from them? Give him a rub from me.

beth