i'm alone.............FINALLY

Jena

yup i'm actually alone.

i sent difficult child to dad's and let go. hopefully he'll keep her hydrated i'll get her back tmrw. it is just a short overnight to say good bye.

easy child went into the manhattan with her best friend my brother and his friend and is sleeping at my mom's..

husband is at work and hopefully getting out early so we can go have a drink somewhere and just be together. last date we had i have no clue when that occured.

i dropped girls at long island railroad, put difficult child in ex h's car and went shopping got a warm down jacket for oregon, a new pair of much larger jeans, been trying to fit my fat self into my old ones, and a cool sweater......

than i went thru taco bell drive thru and got so much food and yup am home alone yay!! with all my taco bell and my larger jeans so i can fit into them tonight after eating all of it!

i soooo needed this. going to watch a movie alone too...play wii, walk around the house and dance maybe lol. till he gets out and we go out for a bit.

sleep late tmrw........ oh man such a beautiful thing had to share :)

anyone else get some much needed alone time?? i can't survive without it

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yay for you!!!!! You so have needed this break and time to just hang loose and enjoy being alone for a while. Have a fun night.

Andy

It is so good to hear!!! You so needed this break!!! A time to let go and recharge!! Have a great time!!! :)

p.s. I can't be alone. Have been snowed in since Thursday! Plow has gone through and our snow removal guy was here early this morning but it is too cold outside for difficult child to be outside for very long. I was happy just to have Diva home safely for the duration. We even had to deal with the stress of her work not accepting the fact that she was NOT going to drive 30 miles in a blizzard to work a minimum paying job. They finally let her off the hook but I think her boss should not have even put that pressure on her. The freeway going there was only open a short time during which she could not get out of our driveway. So, we both went through several hours agonizing over the fact she would loose a job she loved just because it was unsafe to get to work. I was so relieved when her boss came to her senses and helped out. She told Diva it was Diva's job to get her own replacement. I told Diva that once she has TRIED to do her job and still could not get it done, it is then her boss's job to make sure the shift is covered. Who wants to work New Year's Eve? Diva did EVERYTHING in her power to find someone but no one would answer their phone and when they did, it was all, "NO".

Last edited:

Jena

well, i had a great night alone watched a movie, ate alot, tried to play wii yet our dog hates violence so when i'm jumping around he gets highly aggitated lol. yet husband got stuck at work ppl just kept coming in which normally i'd be really happy about........

so plans changed, now we're just going for a drink yet i'm trying to find somewhere with music because i've decided i want to dance lol. i took my advil and i'm ready yet i cant' find anywhere :)

H

HaoZi

Best bet is to find out if local bands have an online forum where they talk and advise their gigs.

Jena

there is NOWHERE on long island on new years day night i've searched trust me lol. husband wasnt' too keen on the idea of dancing, he'll do it has when we go away yet it's a drag him to the dancefloor kinda thing so no dancing ontop of bar for me tonight lol. he got stuck at work also so it's like 11 now

H

HaoZi

Wow. When I lived on the gulf coast there were live bands to be found any weekend night, even holidays. Might be some hole-in-the-wall place, but there was always something.
Any place with sawdust on the floor and a jukebox in the corner?

Jena

lol yea i found a few yet i just had a glass of red wine, had a great night by myself and i think i'm headed to bed. i dont' have the get up and go at 12:30 a.m. now. my get up and go is gone :) plus him sitting on phone with-ex who called a midnight for a recipe and than he proceeded to sit there giving her step by step instructions kinda ummm turned me a bit. time for sleep.... still was a great night by myself....... :)

i'll get my night out when i return maybe i'll call my friends who i haven't bothered with iin ummm 6 mos since this started lol.

thanks for the ideas though......