I'm at *that* age

flutterby

Fly away!
I've developed allergies. I've never had allergies. My doctor says, "Well, you're at that age." :nonono:

That's it. I'm changing my signature back to 35 years old. And that's where I'm staying. So there. pfffffffffffffffffffft

It's like my mom's former business partner. According to my mom, she "used to be 8 years older than me; now she's 2 years younger than me." :rofl:

I also think I need bifocals. I'm having to take my glasses off a lot to read things.

When did this happen? Where was I when it was happening? Where's the smiley with the stooped figure and a shaky cane? :rofl:

JJJ

Yep, I remember being that age. When I hit 40 I decide to be 20 again :). My goal is to be the same weight I was in my 20s by the time I'm 45, maybe then I can fool ya :rofl:

klmno

LOL! Ohhhh.....I remember the day my dr walked back into the room with a handful of allegra samples for me to take saying the same thing- above my objections and swearing that I never had allergies and do not have them now! (She looked all of 30yo and told me "well, you are OLDER now".) That was about 6 years ago and I'm still taking the allegra-d. I also wear bifocals and despite what my thermostat says, the temperature in my house changes 20 degrees, back and forth, several times each night.

All I can say is welcome to the club...you are not alone!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Yep....it hoovers. The last time I was in for my yearly, I told my NP about getting a sudden and intense urge to use the bathroom if I so much as see a PICTURE of a toilet. She smiled, nodded and said, "Yep. Welcome to getting older." I nearly smacked her. LOL

flutterby

Fly away!
My "thermostat" has been broken for several years now. I carry a hand fan with me wherever I go and I'm not ashamed to use it. If I don't cross and *squeeze* my legs together when I sneeze, I have to change clothes. And when I have to pee, I have to go NOW.

I could deal with that. But the words, "that age".....What????? LOL

BUT, I lost 4 pounds since my last visit on Sept 3. :woohoo: Only 50 more to go. :rofl:

flutterby

Fly away!
It just keeps getting better. I've also been diagnosis'd with De Quervain's Tenosynovitis.

According to the Mayo Clinic: De Quervain's tenosynovitis occurs most often in middle-aged women.

Seriously???

:rofl: AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! *runs away screaming*

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If ya don't :rofl: then you just sit down and cry. *snort*

I had allergies hit me at 35. I'm thru the broken thrermostat......except the one that involves the kidenys.......and hey, they can't blame THAT one on age.:tongue: I was also wearing bifocals at 35.......but then I started wearing glasses when I was 6 and I've just been pretending I can see like everyone else. :rofl:

Our first few mins of nursing class the instructor wants us to introduce ourselves and tell about ourselves. (this only happens when I decide to take a seat in front) I got to be first.....So I told them I've got grown kids and 6 grandkids..........

And I kid you NOT every students eyes planted on me with expressions that clearly read * Get that woman a walker or cane, what in hades is she doing in nursing school??* All but the instructor, that is. Now honestly, if it were a class full of young people......I could handle that with grace. But c'mon, there are at least 4 or 5 others who are near my age!!!:faint: Ok, so they still have little kids.......but that doesn't make them any younger than me!

Sigh. Only time I've experienced it at all in college. And I have to say, once they got over the shock of having a grandma in the class........they've been a great bunch of people. But sheesh!!! LOL

Welcome to the club Heather and huge congrats on the weight loss. I've seemed to have suddenly misplaced about 20 pounds myself........not sure what's up with that but my clothes are falling off.....and I'm not complaining. :rofl:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
husband had NO allergies when he shipped to German and did all the various deployments.

By the time he got back to the US after his Army stint, he was allergic to every sort of pollen and mold you could imagine.

I'm at "that age" as well. Can't regulate my temperature, have hot flashes and night sweats, and my thyroid has gone totally out of whack. Sneezing or coughing with a full bladder is a BAD thing.

Only middle aged symbol I don't have is the bifolcals. I've been wearing them since I was in my late twenties. I worked for a local national consultancy firm in German that provided services to the Army.

I left a trail of reading glasses all over Germany and finally decided to build my reading prescription into my glasses, LoL

DammitJanet

I could have happily hit the doctor who told me that I had to expect some arthritis because it came with age. I was in my mid 30's!

TPaul

Idecor8
Sounds like most of the board here, like me, has gotten to the age where we have anniversaries of our 30th birthday, LOL LOL

Problem is we forget how many anniversaries, we are at now, too!!

Ever notice the older we get the more we need spell check???? Surely that is the way that word is spelled!!!!:laugh:

Nite every one, we geesers are up way past our bed times!!

T. Paul

graceupongrace

"That" age?!? Ouch! :faint:

I used to look very young for my age. And then my son's difficult child-ness came along and changed all of that. Sometimes I startle myself when I look in the mirror! I'm still thin and look young from the back, but my face has aged at least a decade in the last three or four years. I'm still able to avoid reading glasses, which is something of a miracle, but there's no escaping those hot flashes!

Mattsmom277

*sniff sniff*

I'm becoming "of that age".

I wear pantyliners for those moments I do laugh or cough or sneeze without leg crossing. I pee no kidding about 25 times a day or more. I keep a book in there and normally finish in a week or so. Crazy.

I have developed allergies. Never had an allergy other than sulfa drugs. Now I'm buying stock in anti allergy medications.

I buy non drowsy because I normally need a nap at some point in the day and drowsy medications wouldn't be good.

I have had the same eye glass script for over 15 years. Now I'm radically changing and have had 2 new scripts in the past 12 months.

I have jet black hair. 2 years ago I had not a single gray hair. I now have WHITE hair. Alot of white hair. I'm going to have to cut it shorter soon as it looks odd having jet black and pearly white mixing. I'm native and my hair is to my waist. Cutting it off at my age feels yucky and sad.

I always thought of myself as young. Too young for children my kids ages. Now I feel like my aging process fast forwarded a few chapters overnight.

I'm only turning 35 this coming December. Yuck. I hate to imagine myself at 40. Or 50. At this pace, I'll look 70 at 50, feel 60 at 40. And I see my lovely aunt at 62 scooting around town, walking for exercies. She looks classy, healthy, wrinkle free, beautiful hair color. Aging with grace. I definitly don't see grace entering my personal description in terms of aging.

*sniff sniff*