I'm Back.... because he's back

Mom2oddson

To refresh everyone. mother in law/father in law "took" difficult child to live with them. After all, difficult child's problems were because he lived with me. Guess they found out first hand how wonderful difficult child really is. They were happy to kick him out and send him back to us. (oh, the nice part of it all....father in law who once told me that difficult child WILL hit me someday... got hit by difficult child... I know it's not nice, but it was sweet anyways)

But difficult child sending a whole year with people catering to his every whim, did us no favors. So, we are right back where we were with a very belligerent 17 who thinks he's a god. He actually turns 17 on Monday... so not quite 17 yet. Still, he's something else.

I have to tell you, it was wonderful having a whole year without any problems. No detentions, no calls from teachers, no attitude. But, not so anymore.

Schools been in session for 8 weeks, we've had 4 detentions, multiple calls (my phone rings every other day from something). Getting afraid to answer the phone again).... difficult child would have more detentions, but the teachers are discouraged from writing up kids at our school. So, I get phone calls from them instead.

I have a feeling you will be seeing a lot of me again.

TerryJ2

Oh dear.
Any plans for difficult child? Have you sat down and talked to him about your new house rules, now that he's home?

Anna1345

{{{{HUGS}}}}Isn't it fantastic when people who know exactly what are kids need are just proven wrong? Almost gives me a little reassurance that is isn't me as a bad parent who can't handle my kid. That I am not crazy and that I am NOT in the alone! Iam sorry your difficult child has had to deal with such back and forth. i know it makes it much harder for you to regain control. Hang in there!

Steely

:frown: So sorry......I have a son, that just turned 17 as well........and is an identical handful!!! I can so relate.
Sending major cyber hugs!

Wiped Out

Staff member
((((Hugs))). I think sometimes it must be even harder when you've had a break and are thrown back into it.