I'm back.

Kathy813

Staff member
Well, we are back from seven days in paradise. It was very relaxing but I have to admit that I am happy to be home. I missed my fuzzbutts. Buddy is snuggled up next to me in bed as I type and Gracie is laying at the end of the bed in her spot.

I will catch up on threads in the morning. Just wanted to check in and say hi.

~Kathy

Kathy813

Staff member
Yes, I came back to find everything in order. My back account was untouched, the house was in great condition, and difficult child had gone to her DBT sessions and work every day that we were gone.

Quite a difference from last year's vacation!! I know that difficult child wasn't even trying to get in the house because easy child had come over for a couple of days because her roommate was getting tired of the dogs so she brought them to our house and stayed here from Friday to Sunday and never saw difficult child.

Before we left we gave difficult child her birthday present which was a Kindle Fire and she was thrilled. She texted us that night that it was the best present ever. I left her on my Amazon account so she could have access to my Kindle books and was a little nervous about that but all she downloaded was a free Angry Birds app.

So, knock on wood, she seems to be really doing well. I am going to encourage her to start the biofeedback sessions to help with the anxiety. I have read that they also help with ADHD and depression so it seems like it would be worth a try.

~Kathy

Last edited:

Nancy

What a great report and yes quite a difference from last year. You must be thrilled at the progress she's making. She's really putting into practice what she's learning and has really matured a lot. I'm sure she loved the kindle fire, what a nice present.

Nancy

Calamity Jane

Congratulations Kathy and wonderful news about difficult child. What a relief!! You were sweet to get the Kindle - my sister in law has one and she loves it.

That is really positive news all around about your difficult child and how well she is doing. It is so nice to hear about a difficult child who is making real progress in her life. Congratulations!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Welcome home Kathy. I'm happy you had a great vacation. I am thrilled to hear your news about your difficult child, it all sounds so promising. It really feels as if she has turned a corner and is on her way. Wonderful!

lovemysons

Hi Kathy,

So pleased to hear your vacation was relaxing and that your return was so uneventful in re to difficult child behavior.
That's awesome...and oh so very normal, PCish! smile.

Welcome back!
LMS