I'm back . . .

Kathy813

Staff member
Sorry I haven't been around much. husband and I went on a week's vacation to what was supposed to be sunny Mexico. Um, not so much.

We know how to pick them. Guess where that tropical storm that is now heading up the East coast started? Yup, right over where we were in Mexico. We had one nice day when we first got there and then nothing but rain and when I am talking rain I am talking monsoons.

There was so much rain that the ceilings in the rooms and corridors were leaking and in some places actually falling down. There were times that we were walking in knee high water to our "resort" room. We actually had puddles of water in our room near the windows and the door.

Luckily, we were with two other couples we have been friends with for 25+ years so we still managed to enjoy ourselves. At least the food was good and the alcohol kept flowing. I also managed to get in two massages and a facial which were lovely.

But I am back and the online class that I am teaching this summer starts this Monday. I have to set up the class and call 41 parents before then so I may be missing in action again. Please know that I am reading and thinking about you all even if I am not commenting much.

~Kathy

Wow Kathy! Glad you are ok.

One thing about difficult children....you learn the serenity prayer inside and out and can use it for any tough situation.

Nancy

Hey Kathy welcome back! It's a good thing you were with friends so the rain didn't completely ruin your vacation. One summer years ago we went to Disneyworld with the kids and a hurricane arrived shortly after. I can't remember which hurricane it was but we sat in the hotel lobby watching trees blow over and sheets of rain come down. They closed the parks for half a day to clean up the damage and then we had two days of torrential rains.

DDD

Those of us who live in resort/vacation areas actually think of our tourists when things like that happen...it's like a personal guilt trip, lol. The tropical storms and hurricanes ruin alot of vacations but the unexpected cold fronts .. OH MY! Thousands of people head to Florida packing only summer clothes. Bad idea. Sometimes in the winter months our temperatures go down into the thirties or lower for a few days. That's another guilt trip!

Glad you had good adult company and a change of scenery...and you have no sunburn to worry about! We've missed you. DDD

toughlovin

Kathy - Welcome back. Too bad about the lousy weather... but hopefully you still had fun with your friends andn got to relax and hopefully not worry about difficult child!

*TL

S

Signorina

Welcome home!! Sorry your vacation was a bummer, but have missed you here and am happy to see you!

busywend

Nancy, that was either 98 or 99....and i was there a week before you!:)

Kathy, sorry about all the rain on vacation. At least there was no laundry, cooking or cleaning for a week! How about that for glass half full? Haha!