I'm bruised and cut, REALLY BAD DAY

buddy

oh, about the police. I have bar locks on my door so in order to do that, you have to let 911 know that it is an ADA accomodation and then they have special bar cutters. THey also have listed his disability and age and details about what is going on. They pulled it up and knew before they got here so that was good to know it worked. Only takes one jerk though

L

Liahona

Buddy, you are amazing. The way you are picking yourself up after the seizure. You are thinking about the future and difficult child's needs. You are a wonderful mom.

buddy

Back at ya! Kind of like those award shows where they say "it means so much more because it comes from my peers".....I think I believe you guys more because you all are doing the same and I am loving that you challenge and ask me good questions, I think when it comes from you I probably feel less defensive because I know it is not that you think my kid is a monster, just that, it is what it is....we have to prepare.

susiestar

Roll With It
You have some really awesome things in place for if/when you need more help. I am really impressed not only with your level of planning but also with what is available to help in your area. We had nothing close to that anywhere near us when we needed it for Wiz.

It is awesome that 911 has info about difficult child in the system, as well as apparently having officers who are well trained to handle mental health issues. That is HUGE and can make the difference between a successful resolution with minimal damage to anyone/anything and having a tragedy occur.

I really admire the way you handle difficult child. Esp the way you can see his behaviors for what they are, know how others would see them, and still be loving and calm with him no matter what. He is lucky to have you for his mom. I bet he knows it too.

I hope the ultram helps. When it works it works well. (((((hugs)))))

buddy

Ultram is helping for sure! We go to the horsies today and I am hoping that will give us both a stress break. Teacher says I need to get on too, no charge...she thinks it would be a good bonding experience for difficult child and me. I will see if I can be brave enough....smile!

I am not always patient, just fyi...smile. I am sure you all know and have bad mommy days. I do try though and have been told that when I am feeling impatient, they can't see it.

I can guarantee you that difficult child does NOT think he is lucky to have me. He just asked if I could take the rules "down a notch". (classic use of an idom by an Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) kid...just a little off, smile) Does reflect his feeling that he is under so much pressure to perform. Maybe too much? I have to think this through...back to the explosive child....smile.