I'm cancelling birthdays!

meowbunny

I can officially say I have had the worst birthday of my life. Between losing Squeaks and not a single birthday wish from anyone today, I think I can safely say my life stinks right now.

Money is so tight I want to scream or cry. I'm so homesick that I do cry. My child is being the ultimate brat. One cat is sick, getting better but still sick. The other cat has decided the lanai makes a much better potty than the litter box. Yup, my life definitely Hoovers.

I don't do pity parties well. I'm the strong one, the one everyone leans on. Even in my worst depressions, I can tough it out. But, right now, I feel so sorry for myself it's disgustingly pathetic. If it weren't so dang hot and humid here, I'd hide under a blankie and start sucking my thumb.

Okay, that's my pity party. Anyone want to join me?

witzend

Happy Un-Birthday! Darn it! I am so with you there. I feel so obligated to feel special about my birthday, but it's just a day like any other. When it's a hooverish day, it just makes it ten times worse! And the saddest part of it is, it really is like any other day and we set ourselves up for disappointment even though we know deep down that we are the people that plan everything and no one can get along without, so no party will ever be thrown for us unless we plan it ourselves, no gifts will be given to us unless we suggest it, and we won't get what we want unless we buy it ourselves because no one ever pays a darn bit of attention to what it is we like or what we're interested in. No happy surprises for us!

In all honesty, I couldn't tell you what, if anything, I did for my birthday this year. I'm pretty sure it was nothing. If husband gets me anything, it's usually something that I have no idea what he was thinking I would want that for.

Keep reminding yourself that the most boring regular day is probably going to be better than your birthday, and you have at least 364 of those coming before your next birthday! ;)

Sorry you had such a lousy day. That inhales...

F

flutterbee

Happy Un-birthday.

Scream, cry, punch a pillow and give in to a good stomping session. Then, turn on the A/C just this one time - it is your birthday, afterall - and curl up under the blanket and hide.

(((((((hugs))))))

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm sorry, MB. You don't deserve any of this.

Happy un-birthday. We are so glad you were born :) .

Hugs,
Suz

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Unbirthday,
I'm so sorry the day was so horrible-I wish I had know-we could have had a cyber unbirthday party! As Suz said we are so glad you were born!

MB,

I'm sorry. I think I understand how you feel and can relate to what Witz had to say. In fact, a few years ago, I decided not to have b-day celebrations. I was the one who cut the cake, fed everyone, got everyone more drinks, etc., and cleaned up the mess. difficult child 1 only sat long enough to shovel in as much cake and ice cream as he could and then kept watching the clock - Afterall, he was missing valuable computer time:mad::(... difficult child 2 didn't care that it was supposed to be a special day for me either - All difficult child 2 cared about was the cake and ice cream.:mad::(...

Both difficult children would get extremely silly prior to the cake being cut. Both of them would be extremely loud and obnoxious. husband would buy them a card to give to me and the difficult children would make a big deal out of handing it to me. They would ask me over and over, ad nauseum (SP?) if I liked it. Both difficult children were old enough to understand that the cards should come from them and not from dad. NEVER once have I received a heart-felt card from either one of them... So, to avoid feelings of disappointment and anger too, I decided that since it was my b-day, I had the right to choose how to celebrate it. I chose not to celebrate with a cake. I didn't feel like being the server and the dishwasher on my b-day any longer.

I continue to make everyone else's b-day special. On my b-day, I usually feed the kids dinner and clean it up as usual. Then, once the difficult children have been fed, difficult child 1 is back to his computer, and difficult child 2 is back to playing with his monkey puppet, husband will bring me home a nice take-out meal. However, this year that didn't even happen, but it's a long story and this is your post, not mine!!!

Anyway, I just want you to know I'm thinking of you. And, you'll always be special to all of us here... Hugs... WFEN

meowbunny

I knew my daughter would ignore my birthday -- I haven't bowed down lately and kissed her royal rear end, which means I haven't bailed her out, haven't offered much sympathy and have not approved of her choices. So, she was a given.

But my mother???? She's mad at me cause I moved to Florida. Gee, Mom, you would prefer I stick around and get killed? Thanks, loads. So, no call from her.

My friends are pretty hit and miss about b'days, so they weren't much of an issue. One did call on Saturday -- mainly to ask me what to do about her dog (I vote for shooting it -- Irish setter who has never been trained), but at least we chatted. Friends I have mad here didn't know it was my birthday -- for some reason, I've kept it to myself. I think mainly because I don't want to admit my daughter does next to nothing for this day (unless she wants something). It hurts enough when I hear how their kids sent them something or, worse yet, found a way to spend the day with them. I get so dang jealous.

But one b'day wish would have been nice.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm trying to decide what to wear to your party -

But I need to know -

Do you want a pity party or an Un-birthday party?
I could combine the two and have a pityful unbirthday party, but again, I'm stuck on what to wear to such an occasion.

My choices are:
Burlap sack - so I can sit and itch with hives and tell you how miserable I feel. AND -bonus - show you my rash from burlap.
Hefty bag - Well if you're down in the dumps the occasion would screaaaaam for landfill attire.
Nothing - Yeah that would scare 10 years off YOUR life and that would be my present as well - what other friend loves you enough to give you 10 years? Pft.
My cheerleader outfit - it's a pair of Levis, a Scorpions Tshirt, and black tennis shoes --hey I don't have to be in a SHORT skirt to shake my pom pons for you and that is about as close as I ever got to being a cheerleader. - I was an art major and dark - not that I dont have team spirit, I just couldn't be classified as cheerful and peppy.
And last but not least....
Something Egyptian - Maybe I'll come as Bast - (thinks about it) yeah, queen of the cats - I'll shape that poopin' mess of a kitty of yours right up. With a wave of my hand there will be no more poop on the stoop!

So that's what I cando. That and sing -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAAAAAAAAAAaaPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MEOW BUNNY
HAAPPYY BIRRRRRRTHDAY TO youuuuuuuuuuuUUUU

:pirate:ARRRRRRRRRrrrrgh you happy now?

Hugs
star

everywoman

Sorry it was a bad day. A big hug to you. What I have started doing is planning a day to myself. I plan to do whatever I want and don't answer the phone or expect anything from anyone. That way I can get disappointed and not feel guilty about expecting and not getting the love I deserve!!!

Christy

Happy Day. Even we who are so used to doing so much for others with so little in return can get frustrated about from time to time. Buy yourself a big present and make your favorite meal. You deserve it!

KTMom91

Happy Day! I agree with Christy, get yourself something nice, go to a day spa, then out for a wonderful meal so you don't have to cook it or clean it up.

I am so sorry that you are sad and hurting, birthday or otherwise.

I agree with Suz. We are glad that you were born.

Oh, and it is okay to be vulnerable once in awhile.

Steely

Oh sigh Meow. I am so sorry.
Life sometimes does hoover.
And then we wake up and start it all over - and somehow - it gets better again.
Hugs.
PS
Star, thanks for making me laugh. I hope it made Meow laugh just a little too.

meowbunny

Aw, thanks, guys. I'm feeling better today. Still have not heard from my child but I've decided that's her loss, not mine. Who knows, I may just get down to her level and not call unless I need something. Boy, would that get her angry or what? hehe

For now, I'm still disowned by my mother but that's nothing new -- whenever I don't toe her line, I'm not her daughter. Was like that when I was 4, is that way now. Fortunately for her, I was a pretty good kid and toed her line most of the time. When I didn't, it was because my line was more important to me. Moving to avoid a stalker was much more important than her disapproval.

So, you guys really did help make me feel a lot more wanted and needed as a human. Thank you so very, very much.

(And, Star, yes, I did laugh reading your post. Didn't make me feel a bit better at the time but at least I laughed.)