I'm depressed...

KTMom91

I went for my physical today. It's been probably five years since I've had the complete exam. The nurse practitioner was really good, and while I was answering her questions, I started crying, and I'm not a cryer. I fell apart Sunday after bra shopping, and again today in the doctor's office. I could really relate to the article Kitty posted...I don't want to go anywhere, do anything...and while part of me is tired of it, another part just wants to go back to bed. I'm fat, I hurt, I can't sleep well at night, I'm frustrated, I'm upset, I'm PO'd...

She asked if Paxil was helping, obviously not, so I now have Effexor XR. I also have a list of tests, like thyroid and blood sugar, and I go back in three weeks. I feel better now that there's a plan in place. I canceled two appointments before this one. I guess I wasn't ready to deal with things at that time.

F

flutterbee

I understand.

I'm assuming she's weaning you off the Paxil, right? Paxil can be hard to come off of.

Keeping you in my thoughts. We're here for you.

(((hugs)))

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hey, KT...I cried in the car today going to see Grams. I saw the first snow flakes. It just made me so homesick. At least you're getting some good help.

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{KT}}} I'm glad you're taking care of yourself and recognize your symptoms. That is half the battle.

I think there is something in the air because so many people, myself included, are having the same issues...I'v been crying at the oddest times and then feel so completely detached at the same time.

Let us know how the Effexor helps, and hugs.

KTMom91,

I'm sorry you're feeling so depressed. I'm glad that you took the first step and went for a physical. I'm glad your blood sugar and thyroid levels are being checked. It is also good that you have a follow up appointment in three weeks.

Please keep posting here. Please continue to let us know how you're doing.

Sending lots of hugs your way... WFEN

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry you are hurting so much right now. If I had a magic wand I would wave it over you to help you feel better. Glad you are getting help. Sending gentle hugs and prayers your way.